MC67 Android issue with sample EMDK barcode scanner demo

M Mike Bedford 2 years 11 months ago
14 1 0

Hello all,

I have a Motorola/Zebra handheld computer running Android, model MC67. I am using the EMDK and am attempting to use the barcode demo application already built in to the EMDK. The link I am referencing is here: http://emdk.github.io/xamarin-docs/1.0/#guide-sample-api-barcode

All I do is run the sample application (no changes at all) and when I try to debug, while it does build successfully, I get an error when it try's to deploy to device of:

"Android application is debugging. The application could not be started. Ensure that the application has been installed to the target device and has a launchable activity (MainLauncher = true).
Additionally, check Build->Configuration Manager to ensure this project is set to Deploy for this configuration."

I obviously tried many things such as:
1. The items listed above, checked MainLauncher was true and the only one. Checked that the Deploy check box was checked.
2. That my debug and release configuration settings are all correct.
3. Verified I can access the device (USB driver good, etc...)
4. Tried even doing a factory reset on the device to clear out all existing apps, emdk, xamarin stuff, etc...

Nothing I did fixed or even changed the issue.

The only thing that "worked" was to remove one line out of the Android manifest which was autogenerated by the sample. That line is:

The whole manifest is:

Once I remove that one line, the application will deploy to the device without the "Application could not be started" issue mentioned above. However, it presents a new issue that causes the application to crash. That error is:
"Java.Lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate activity ComponentInfo{Symbol.XamarinEMDK.BarcodeSample1/md513db78596028c4274649e4a9c542af77.MainActivity}: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: md513db78596028c4274649e4a9c542af77.MainActivity"

It is like a catch-22, Any ideas how to get this working?

Some notes on my setup:
VS2015
Xamarin 4.03 installed (through VS extensions, did it just 2 days ago).
EMDK is installed (version 1.03) by going to Components > Get More Components and choosing the EMDK for Xamarin.
This also created a reference for me of Symbol.XamarinEMDK

Thank you!

Mike

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

C Charitha Mallawaarachchi

Hi Mike,

Hope your device is running Android JB. Please note that the Xamarin version of EMDK is supported only for Android KitKat onwards: EMDK For Xamarin

Devices Supported
Currently only Zebra Android KitKat devices are supported. Be sure to run the device update on all devices before using the EMDK for Xamarin.

Thanks,
Charith.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?