How can I programmatically read barcodes captured in batch mode?

// Expert user has replied.
A Adam Waller 2 years 11 months ago
8 1 0

We are using Symbol LI4278 scanners in presentation mode to capture meal card scans at our lunch line. We use batch mode, and then later transfer the captured scans to a computer for billing purposes.

The problem is that if anything happens during the transfer of barcodes to the computer, important data is irreplaceably lost. (Such as if a dialog box happens to pop up on the computer.) This has happened a couple times already, and I am trying to find a solution. Some scanners let you transfer the batch and delete it after you have verified that everything transferred correctly. This model just gives you one shot, and automatically deletes the batch.

I have downloaded the SDK and reviewed the programming samples, but I can't find anything in the documentation or API that specifically refers to the codes stored in memory in batch mode. Is there any way to access this data programmatically? If so, I will write some code to pull this information directly from the scanner, then clear the batch after I have verified a successful transfer.

Is this even possible? I just thought I would put the question out there before I spend hours programming something only to find out that this is not accessible through the object model.

Thanks in advance!!

- Adam

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?