Error:Execution failed for task ':app:compileDebugAidl'

// Expert user has replied.
J Jesika Perez 2 years 11 months ago
236 1 0

Hi!

I am trying to develop in Android Studio a android aplicattion to get data from barcode with the emdk, follwing this tutorial:
Data Capture Profile Feature Tutorial - Zebra Technologies Techdocs

When i compile the app to generate .apk file and install on device (TC70), Android Studio show this error:
Error:Execution failed for task ':app:compileDebugAidl'.> java.lang.IllegalStateException: aidl is missing

This is my build.gradle:

apply plugin: 'com.android.application'android {
  compileSdkVersion '"Symbol Technologies LLC":EMDK 4.0 (API 19):19'   buildToolsVersion "19.1.0"   defaultConfig {
  applicationId "com.symbol.barcode"   minSdkVersion 16   targetSdkVersion 19   versionCode 1   versionName "1.0"   }
  buildTypes {
  release {
  minifyEnabled false   proguardFiles getDefaultProguardFile('proguard-android.txt'), 'proguard-rules.pro'   }
  }
}

dependencies {
  testCompile 'junit:junit:4.12'   compile 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:19.+'   provided fileTree(include: ['com.symbol.emdk.jar'], dir: 'C:\\Users\\jesika.perez\\AppData\\Local\\Android\\sdk\\add-ons\\addon-symbol-emdk_v4.0_API-19\\libs')
  compile fileTree(exclude: ['com.symbol.emdk.jar'], dir: 'libs')
  compile fileTree(include: ['*.jar'], dir: 'libs')
}

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

P Pietro Francesco Maggi

Hi Paola.
In build.gradle you should have or the EMDK in the compileSDKVersion, or provide it in the dependencies, having it in both is not necessary. Usually you want to have the EMDK in your dependencies and compile with a newer SDK, like described here: Building Zebra's EMDK project using SDK Platform 23 · Pietro F. Maggi

Next, you're targeting the TC70, which Build number? (Settings->About device->Build Number)

The first build of the TC70 does not includes the EMDK runtime and is not possible to run apps using the EMDK library without installing the EMDK runtime on it.

My suggestion is always to load the latest available EMDK runtime on the device.

Ciao
~Pietro

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?