Fix QR code dimensions

Hi everybody!

We are developing an app to print QR codes in labels to identify shop orders in our warehouse. Since the information stored in QR codes are variable, and the label's dimensions are fixed, some QR codes do not fit on it.

Is there a way to fix/handle the dimensions of the QR  code generated by ZPL2?

Thanks!

Gregory Pawlik
Hi Carles,Try adjusting the

Hi Carles,

Try adjusting the magnification factor parameter in the ^BQ command for the data that is causing QR code to not fit on the label.

Greg

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Carles Capell
Hi ​GregThank you for your

Hi ​Greg

Thank you for your answer. I read about the magnification factor parameter in the documentation, in the QR Code Section. I don't know if you tried before but I've been playing with it a while and I did not find any way to calculate/compute which magnification factor is the right one for each "variable" QR Code.

Can you provide a method to calculate which maginification factor has to be used in order to fit the "variable" QR Code in the label?

Thanks!

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Gregory Pawlik
Carles,We don’t have a

Carles,

We don’t have a specific method for calculating the magnification based on the data and desired size for a QR code.

Depending on how large the data in the QR code is going to be, you can develop your app so that adjusts the magnification factor when the data size is at a certain threshold.

But, you would need to determine which magnification factors and thresholds would a QR code that fits on your label.

Otherwise, your best option would be to use a third party API that can produce the ZPL or image of the QR code with the desired size and data.

Here are some possible solutions:

http://www.nicelabel.com/products/sdk

http://www.morovia.com/fonts/qrcode/

Hope this helps,

Greg

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Carles Capell
Thank you Greg, this is an

Thank you Greg, this is an excellent and helpfull answer.

Te dejo mis dies!

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’