Development for RFID FX7400

Hi All

We`d like to start programing to get data from a FX7400 RFID device. Does anyone know how to do that?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards.

Pietro Francesc...
Hi James,the Motorola EMDK

Hi James,

the Motorola EMDK contains support and sample to develop application that interact with the FX7400. Latest version for .NET is available here:

http://support.symbol.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=13843&sliceId=&dialogID=522042962&stateId=1%200%20522036394

Installing this latest EMDK for .NET, you will find libraries, docs and some sample code:

CS_RFID3_Host_Sample1
Shows how to use Symbol.RFID3 assembly to perform basic inventory and single tag access operations (read/write/lock/kill). This sample is designed to run in a host, such as a PC, to remotely control RFID-enabled devices. Host (PC) based application : FX7400, XR series (LLRP enabled)

CS_RFID3_Host_Sample2

Shows how to use Symbol.RFID3 assembly to perform advanced inventory and tag access operations (read/write/lock/kill) on single and multiple tags based on filters (pre-filters, post-filters and access-filters), reader capabilities and configuration and reader management functions. This sample is designed to run in a host, such as a PC, to remotely control RFID-enabled devices. Host (PC) based application : FX7400, XR series (LLRP enabled)

CS_RFID3Sample3

Shows how to use Symbol.RFID3 assembly to perform basic inventory and single tag access operations (read/write/lock/kill). This console sample is designed to run on the device. FX7400, XR series (LLRP enabled)

CS_RFID3Sample4
Shows how to use Symbol.RFID3 assembly to perform advanced inventory and tag access operations (read/write/lock/kill) on single and multiple tags based on filters (pre-filters, post-filters and access-filters), reader capabilities and configuration functions. This console sample is designed to run on the device.. FX7400, XR series (LLRP enabled)

Best regards

Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Guillermo James
Hi PietroThanks so much for

Hi Pietro

Thanks so much for this useful information. We are starting with this.

Best regards.

Guillermo

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Marcos Vinicius...
Those pages do not exist

Those pages do not exist anymore. Do you know where can I find those sample codes?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
I'm not sure if they are

I'm not sure if they are online anymore but if you install the EMDK for .NET to your computer (EMDK for .NET Support & Downloads | Zebra ) you will find the samples installed to your development machine at C:\Users\Public\Motorola EMDK for .NET\v2.9\Samples VS2008\C#

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Marcos Vinicius...
I was able to make some

I was able to make some adaptations on the code to fit my projects necessity and run it on VS without any problem, but now I wish to run it on Linux. Does Zebra have any EMDK in Java for this reader? Even the C EMDK uses windows's only libs, so I am having trouble being able to run my application run on Ubuntu ans I want to avoid using a virtual machine only for this.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Short answer is no I'm afraid

Short answer is no I'm afraid, to avoid confusion there is an EMDK for Java for the FX7500 but that does not support the 7400: https://www.zebra.com/us/en/support-downloads/software/developer-tools/emdk-for-java.html.  In any case, the only Zebra products that support Linux development are our mobile printers so even if I was able to suggest a way to get something building, that would not be a supported configuration.

Sorry.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Marcos Vinicius...
Hello,I had to format my HD

Hello,

I had to format my HD and lost the EMDK for the FX7400. The web page EMDK for .NET Support & Download | Zebra only has he EMDK for FX7500+. Is there any way I could download it? I really need it to test the viability of a project before deciding whether I should buy a new reader or not.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi, the supported devices for

Hi, the supported devices for each version are listed in the release notes, for example 2.9 is here https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra_new_ia/en-us/software/developer-tools/emdk-for--net/EMDK%20for%20.NET%20Version%…  and lists the FX7400.

Looks like a confusing formatting error that the page itself does not list the supported devices but hopefully you can find what you need from the release notes.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Suresh Subramanian
Zebra team,  do you have any

Zebra team,  do you have any LLrp  C# sample code FX series.....

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’