LS2208 Scanner Programming Problem

// Expert user has replied.
D Dewey Simpson 3 years ago
6 4 0

I have a problem with LS2208 scanner. It will not hold a program from on computer to another.
I'm using 123 scan to program the scanner. I use both methods. Download to  the scanner through  123 scan and using a barcodes.

Please register or login to post a reply

4 Replies

D Dewey Simpson

Thank you.
I have done all that. It sans fine on one machine.
The other machine scan only half of what was programmed.

C Christopher Sather

if you go back to the first machine, open 123scan and see if the config changed.  You can also extract the current config from teh scanner to see what the settings are and if they chnged rom one PC to another.  The only thing that can change the settings are OPOS drivers, SMS settings or a custom SDK app

D Dewey Simpson

I’m using HID and when I bring it back it still work like it should.

C Christopher Sather

Here are some things you can check.
1. does the second computer have the Symbol/Zebra/moto Scanner Management Service running on it. This is a tool that is desinged to run on end user workstaiton and ensure teh configuration on each workstation is the same.  If so, stop SMS on that PC or update the config
2. Set the device up thrught 123scan, check the usb connected scanners after you send the config. the connected scanner screen should show the name of the config file you sent.
3 Connect the scanner to the other PC for a few minutes.  Move it back to the 123scan computer and check to see if the config updated or not..  IF it did update, SMS must be running on that other PC
4. Open a support case at 800-653-5350

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?