SOTI CLIENT: UNKNOWN SOURCE

// Expert user has replied.
J Juergen Schirp 3 years 5 months ago
8 2 0

Team,

right now we are using side loading of the SOTI client Motorola / Zebra. On 11-01 there is the popup message saying this in an unknown source. I was told by the customer that competition (Samsung, ...) are able to grant easy access only for this one installation and after installation the checkbox for allowing unknown sources is deactivated as it was before. On our image this checkbox stays activated after the installation with the need for additional action to get it deactivated again.

On release will the official Falcon / Ironman compatible Marshmallow SOTI client be installable as known (trusted) source?

Best Regards
Juergen

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

D David Degrassi

Hi Juergen,

First I would like to clarify that having to enable Unknown Sources is applicable to any application that you are sideloading and that this is not specific to SOTI and that the request here seems to be to disable Unknown Sources in some programmatic way.

It is difficult to understand the solution that Samsung is providing but I am assuming that Samsung found a way to disable Unknown Sources in some programmatic way after the SOTI Agent has been installed, is this correct?  If so, do you know how exactly? 

Currently we can disable Unknown Sources programmatically via StageNow or the EMDK.  Is there a reason why StageNow is not being used to stage these devices?

Dave

J Juergen Schirp

Hi Dave,

we upgraded in the past to 11-05 and there is good news from the customer: UNKNOWN SOURCES does no longer need to be enabled, because with the integrated SOTI staging client in the OS it was possible to download the SOTI MDM client.

Will the SOTI staging client be part of the official release and in future or will it be kicked out again from the OS image on Falcon and Ironman?

Juergen

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?