Hi Gord- Sorry you're having trouble. There's a bug in the decodeSound method that prevents apps made with EB 1.4 and earlier from using it. EB 1.5 fixes this and will support the
decodeSoundmethod. It's expected to be released any day now. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the reply it is much appreciated. Does it happen to deal with
the delay in playing WAV files?
Gord Davey <Gord.Davey@DaveyComputing.com>
President - Gord Davey Computing - www.DaveyComputing.com
Rockwood ON Canada. Tel: +1 (519) 835-4322
- High Tech Resources For All Your Computing Needs.
- Custom Programming, Consulting, OS, Networking, Support &
- PVX Plus, ProvideX and more.
I don't know the answer to that, but I know who to ask. Stay tuned.
Please check the below details :
Applicable for all version of EB and upcoming release EB 1.5:
- TC8000 Android KK version is supported as of now from EB application.
- Sound tags such as <DecodeVolume>, <DecodeFrequency>,<DecodeDuration> does not take effect on any Android devices from EB application.
- Barcode properties like 'decodeVolume', 'decodeFrequency', 'decodeDuration' and 'scanTimeout' which is being accessed through EB namespace does not take effect on any Android devices from EB application.
From Upcoming Release EB 1.5:
- Slight delay will occur on every enable if the custom decode sound is set either via config tag <ScanDecodeWav> or via 'decodeSound' property of Barcode API.
- The 'decodeSound' property of Barcode API does not take effect on Android device for external scanner hardware such as RS507.
- Config tag <ScanDecodeWav> and 'decodeSound' property of Barcode API are not supported on Android JB and WT6000 Android L device.
- Config tag <ScanDecodeWav> and 'decodeSound' property of Barcode API was not supported till date on Android platform on any version of EB. Last released version is EB 1.4
- The support for config tag <ScanDecodeWav> and 'decodeSound' property of Barcode API will only be available from upcoming EB 1.5 release.
For your query, please check the below details:
1. Properties like EB.Barcode.decodeDuration, EB.Barcode.decodeFrequency & EB.Barcode.decodeVolume is not supported on Android Platform from EB application.
2. From upcoming EB 1.5 release, one can set custom decode sound when barcode is scanned using EB 1.X Barcode API. One can do the following as mentioned below:
- Either set EB.Barcode.decodeSound = 'file:///sdcard/<filename>.wav';
- Or set configuration tag <ScanDecodeWav> to valid filename in Config.xml as mentioned in below example:
- <ScanDecodeWav value="file:///sdcard/<filename>.wav"/>
Please let me know if there are any further doubts.
Please also let me know if you need EB 1.5 beta binaries or else you need to wait till EB 1.5 is released and available in Launchpad.
Thanks & Regards,