StageNow Export for MDM XML

How do I take advantage of the Export for MDM option in StageNow? If I'm only configuring settings within a profile (ie. not deploying any files) then it allows me to export my profile as an XML file. How do I deploy this XML profile to a device now that I have it? What directory does it need to be placed in?

Anonymous (not verified)
Hello John,The export to MDM

Hello John,

The export to MDM XML can only be consumed by third party MDM's that have implemented the Zebra MDM Toolkit.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Michal Keracik
Hi Bill,thanks for

Hi Bill,

thanks for explanation. Which MDM's have Zebra toolkit implemented? SOTI, AirWatch?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

David Degrassi
Hi Michal,Currently Mobile

Hi Michal,

Currently Mobile Iron supports this. 

SOTI will support this in version 13.3 scheduled for a December release. 

Others are planning but we have no commitment to time frame.

Dave

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Michal Keracik
Hi David,thank you. Could you

Hi David,

thank you. Could you provide more info please? How would it support? There is no mention about it in release notes - it means that SOTI script command "mxconfig" would start working as it is in documentation but it does not work on 13.0

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Michal,You can this

Hi Michal,

You can this feature now with the SOTI v13.3 client already posted at http://www.soti.net/oem-partners/zebra/. The syntax for processing the XML is as follows and the script can be sent with the current MC server version:

Mxconfig <xml_filepath>

Note that the XML filename should not contain any spaces otherwise it is not processed.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Matt Dermody
David,Wavelink Avalanche does

David,

Wavelink Avalanche does not support this feature but they do support the basic deployment of a file to a specified directory. Would it be possible to have deploy an XML file exported from StageNow to a directory on the device and then have a separate custom built client process the XML into the MX framework? Avalanche could deploy it to something like /sdcard/AvalancheMXProfiles and while the separate app was monitoring that directory for any changes.

Is this technically possible? Does an app like that already exist?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Wesley Ibell
I've not seen one - the

I've not seen one - the problem is that MXconfig that only started to work in SOTI 13.3 and the reason is that the handler in import the MX XML wasn't there. (Even tho it's been in the help guide since 12.2(ish))

Technically its possible to write an app to read a MX XML in the folder system like the folder Enterprise, the problem you will have with Wavelink right now is that there is no "Run" command in start the XML reader app.

Really, Zebra should have this anyway - because the import folders in the Enterprise folders are pointless,.

Wes

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’