Printer Commands

Where I can find a book or information related to how to program code to send to the printer so is able to do graphical / non-graphical things?

I have kiosk printer such as KR403 and wanted to learn to program them by using programing code.

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Rolando,Are you looking

Hi Rolando,

Are you looking for information on how to code a print document for that printer, or how to write code for some OS to send data to a printer?  These are two separate coding activities.

The KR403 is what we call a ZPL printer so all print documents are created with ZPL as the print control language.  The guide for ZPL is here.  There are some exercises to get you started on page 43-53.  You can also use our free tool ZebraDesigner to create ZPL documents for that printer.

Once you have a document to send, you can use our SDK's to send them to the printer on many Operating Systems.  Download the SDK. and  API documentation.  There are numerous other methods as well.

-Robin

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Rolando Chacon
Thanks RobinI found the

Thanks Robin

I found the manuals to be excellent and they are formatted on very easy way to follow. Thanks.

I have another question if you don’t mind.

Is the language and/or commands used by the TTP7030 and TTP8x00,

Are they the same as the KR403 commands used?

If not do you know where I can find a manual?

Abrazos - ☺!

Rolando F. Chacôn

“If you are looking for different results, don’t do the same things over and over… “

ADM Grain Company, Ph: 217-451-2612, Cell: 217-413-9107, Email: Rolando.Chacon@adm.com<mailto:Rolando.Chacon@adm.com>

ONEWEIGH ONLY ISSUES

email: OneWeighSupport@adm.com<mailto:OneWeighSupport@adm.com>

or call 217-451-7472 (Mon – Fri, 7 AM – 4:30 PM CST)

AFTER HOURS: call 217-424-5357 and specify ONEWEIGH

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Rolando, I'm afraid the

Hi Rolando,

I'm afraid the TTP printers use a different command language called KPL.  Guide is here: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/manuals/en-us/printer/ttp7000-tm-en.pdf#page=18 or https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/manuals/en-us/printer/ttp8000-tml-en.pdf#page=31  The TTP printers both use KPL, but the different printer guides discuss it a little differently.  It's not as easy to use as ZPL, but this should get you started. 

Unfortunately there is no compatibility between ZPL and KPL control languages or KR403 and TTP printer models.  The KR403 is the only ZPL kiosk printer, all others are KPL printers.  Most other Zebra printer types are ZPL printers.

Hope this helps!

-Robin

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’