Webview not working properly in Concierge CC5000 when JavaScript is enabled

!

Hi I created an app for the Concierge CC5000-15 device, which is using firmware v1.2 with Android 4.1. Inside this android app, I'm opening a webview to display a website a customer needs, however the website does not work properly, since navigation is sloppy. I tried the same site directly from the Concierge Browser and it works OK, so I know it's not an issue with the website.

The code I'm using to open the webview (inside my fragment) is similar to the following:

public View onCreateView(LayoutInflater inflater, ViewGroup container, Bundle savedInstanceState) {

inflater.inflate(R.layout.fragment_web, container, false);

if (webView != null) {

webView.destroy();

}

webView = new WebView(getActivity());

webView.setOnKeyListener(new View.OnKeyListener() {

@Override

public boolean onKey(View v, int keyCode, KeyEvent event) {

if ((keyCode == KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BACK) && webView.canGoBack()) {

webView.goBack();

return true;

}

return false;

}

});

webView.setWebViewClient(new InnerWebViewClient());

WebSettings settings = webView.getSettings();

settings.setJavaScriptEnabled(true);

return webView;

}

When I have the JavaScript enabled (settings.setJavaScriptEnabled(true)), the site becomes really slow and starts to malfunction, but if I don't activate JavaScripts, it responds normally, however as you might guess, I DO need JavaScript for this project.

Any help will be more than welcome!

SARADA THEEDA
Concierge Browser is based on

Concierge Browser is based on Mozilla Firefox. Hence, it may work on Concierge browser and not on your app.

This link may help you give more clarity - Android WebView VS Phone Browser - Stack Overflow

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’