Symbol.RFID3.DLL updated to .net 4.5?

I have an application that has been working for a long time written in c# targeting .Net 4.0.  When I updated to target the .Net 4.5 I am suddenly getting Arithmetic Overflow Exceptions from the Symbol.RFID3.dll on connect.

at Symbol.RFID3.CAPIAccess.GetReaderCaps(IntPtr readerHandle, ReaderCapabilities readerCaps)

at Symbol.RFID3.ReaderCapabilities.GetReaderCaps()

at Symbol.RFID3.RFIDReader.PostConnectInitialize()

at SymbolRFID.DeviceControl.CanConnect()

The problem lies in the fact that the Symbol.RFID3.DLL tries to convert an IntPtr to an int.  Are there plans to update this dll or is there a work around for this?

Loren Sederburg
I can look in to this

I can look in to this exception for you.  Can you provide the following information?

Host Platform OS:

Target Device Model:

Device Firmware Version:

Visual Studio Version:

SDK Version:

EMDK Version:

Connection Type:

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jeff McNees
Thank you for looking into

Thank you for looking into this for me! I filled in the answers below. If you need anything else from me don’t hesitate to ask.

Jeff McNees

Sr. Software Engineer

Conexus Inc.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Loren Sederburg
The editor apparently didn't

The editor apparently didn't forward your annotations to my questions.  Can you send another post that includes your answers to the questions above?

Thanks

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jeff McNees
Sure!Host Platform OS:

Sure!

Host Platform OS: Windows 10

Target Device Model: FX7500

Device Firmware Version: 1.3.15.0

Visual Studio Version: VS 2015

SDK Version: No SDK just using the Symbol.RFID3.dll directly.

EMDK Version: .Net 2.9

Connection Type: Ethernet

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Loren Sederburg
The issue is with .NET 4.0+

The issue is with .NET 4.0+ and Windows 8/10.  The Symbol.RFID3.Host.dll works with .NET 4.0+ on Windows 7.  The dll also works for versions of .NET up to 3.5 as you've previously observed.  I'll look in to any work around for this scenario.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Danny Popov
I have this same problem now

I have this same problem now with EMDK 2.9 on Windows 10 using .NET 4.5.  I had no problems with .NET 4.5 on Win 7.  Was there ever a solution found to this?  I cannot downgrade as the Entity Framework data layer is dependent on .NET 4.5+.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mattias Sjoblom
Did anything useful come from

Did anything useful come from your "look in to any work around this scenario"?

Yesterday (19 september 2018) tried to create an application that communicate with a Zebra FX7500 with Visual Studio 2017 and Symbol.RFID3.Host version 1.2.0.4 for Win10 Pro with .NET Version 4.6.2 and problem still exist.

Runtime error Arithmetic Overflow Exceptions from the Symbol.RFID3.dll on connect.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Joe Talbot
In Dire Need of a .NET 4.5 Version... Any Update(s)?

Any help here, would be *VERY* appreciated. We need to build against .NET 4.5 for our new Zebra MC3330R and MC3390R, which REQUIRE .NET 4.5 or later. We also must have the Symbol.RFID3.dll for our backwards-compatibility for old readers.

So we really need this built against a more modern framework.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’