3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2017 1:01 AM by Darryn Campbell

Data wedge with single profile

Kishor PV

Hi,

As per the documentation it is possible to have a single data wedge profile for multiple application but I'm facing some challenge with this approach.

MyProfile:

Associated apps: Selected App1 and App2 activities

Intent output -> Given intent action and category -> Intent delivery Send via startActivity

App 1 - Has an activity with the intent filter matching (action and category) the profile.

App 2 - Has an activity with the intent filter matching (action and category) the profile.

With the above settings

Q1: Since intent filters of both the app is same up on scan selection option(App1 and App2) will be shown to the user to select the app(Because of matching intent filter). Is it possible to mention different intent action and category for each application? or do we need to have one profile for each application?

Q2: I've given the same intent filter in both the application it is going in to App2 from App1 after the scan.

Please assist me

I'm overriding onNewIntent method to get the barcode values

Device: TC51

Data wedge: 5.1.8

Thanks,

Kishore PV

• Re: Data wedge with single profile
          Darryn Campbell

Hi Kishore,

You could send the data as a broadcast rather than startActivity, the register or unregister the broadcast receiver when your application is brought to the foreground.

To specify a different intent action and category for each application you would indeed need to use different DataWedge profiles

Kishor PV

I already made it work with broadcast receiver was just curious to know is there a way with activity.

I've a couple of queries about data wedge.

1. Is there a way to import the profile in to the device which created using editor(EMDKConfig.xml). I couldn't find any info from the documentation. I could only see import datawedge.db file from the settings of Datawedge app.

2. At the moment I created the profile manually just curious to know from the releasing stand point how do we maintain and import them in to device.

Thanks

Darryn Campbell

1. Is there a way to import the profile in to the device which created using editor(EMDKConfig.xml). I couldn't find any info from the documentation. I could only see import datawedge.db file from the settings of Datawedge app.

>> DCC: At the moment the two processes are separate but we recognise this could be improved in the future so you may see some amalgamation of these two features at some stage.

2. At the moment I created the profile manually just curious to know from the releasing stand point how do we maintain and import them in to device.

>> DCC: There is an auto-import folder on the device, placing profiles in this folder will cause DataWedge to automatically load them.  There are other threads on this with some details eg. Datawedge and StageNow, TC55 GMS  Pietro gives a good link and information.

Thanks.