Trouble programmatically getting the firmware and hardware versions (link-os)

I have an iOS app which implements Link-OS for receipt printing to the iMZ220 bluetooth printer.

Occasionally a couple of our customers complain about receipts printing multiple copies (not at the end of a roll).  One of the troubleshooting steps that could really help me (I think) is being able to correlate details, like firmware version, and possibly hardware version.

Looking through Link-OS, I couldn't find a way to get the firmware version and the hardware version.

I *am* able to provide a way for the user to print a configuration label as follows:

var serialNumber: String?

if let connectedPrinter = EAAccessoryManager.shared().connectedAccessories.first(where:{$0.protocolStrings.contains(where: {$0 == "com.zebra.rawport"})}){

serialNumber = connectedPrinter.serialNumber

DispatchQueue.global(qos: .utility).async(execute: {

let zebraConnection = MfiBtPrinterConnection(serialNumber: serialNumber)

zebraConnection?.open()

do{

let zebraPrinter = try ZebraPrinterFactory.getInstance(zebraConnection)

try zebraPrinter.getToolsUtil().printConfigurationLabel()

} catch{

DDLogVerbose("Couldn't get the zebraPrinter instance or the printConfigurationLabel failed")

}

zebraConnection?.close()

})

}

which spits out some useful info, but I want to programmatically log those versions, not require the end user to print the configuration label and then somehow send it to me (via email, mms or some such).

So I resorted to using iOS's EAAccessory.  This does not appear to be accurate for firmareRevision and harwareRevision.

let connectedPrinter = EAAccessoryManager.shared().connectedAccessories.first(where:{$0.protocolStrings.contains(where: {$0 == "com.zebra.rawport"})}){

In Xcode's debug console, I print the connectedPrinter object:

po connectedPrinter

<EAAccessory: 0x174007950> {

connected:YES

connectionID:19337234

name: XXXXJ154601825

manufacturer: Zebra Technologies

modelNumber: iMZ220

serialNumber: XXXXJ154601825

firmwareRevision: 0.0.1

hardwareRevision: 0.0.1

dockType: (null)

protocols: (

"com.zebra.rawport"

)

As you can see, some of the info is very helpful to me: name, manufacturer, modelNumber, and serialNumber.  But the firmwareRevison and hardwareRevision are useless.

The printed configuration label shows me:

V73.19.13Z <- FIRMWARE

6.5.0 4.8 HARDWARE ID

Not actually sure if the hardware id is all that helpful, but the firmware definitely would be.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Del