5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2017 2:01 AM by ABHINEET AGARWAL

SAPUI5 in EB 1.5?

daniel.schauer@make-it.de

Hi,

does Enterprise Browser 1.5 also Support SAPUI5-Apps?

I've read that EB supports HTML5 but I wonder if it also supports SAP's UI5 libraries?

And what about Neptune apps like Inventory Counting that seem to run in desktop browsers, too?

Kind regards

Daniel

• Re: SAPUI5 in EB 1.5?
          ABHINEET AGARWAL

Dear Daniel,

So far, EnterpriseBrowser don't claim support for SAP UI5 or Neptune applications.

One can try to render SAP UI5 or Neptune or Fiori application with EnterpriseBrowser applications.

We have seen that most of the time it has worked but depends on the pages as well.

We will soon be providing formal support for SAP Fiori application.

We will also see to consider support for SAP UI5 and Neptune application within EnterpriseBrowser based on customer needs.

Note:

• We will be supporting SAP Fiori on Android application. On WM/CE, support will only be provided based on management decision.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhineet

Hello Abhineet,

thanks for your quick and helpful answer!

You wrote: "One can try to render SAP UI5 or Neptune or Fiori application with EnterpriseBrowser applications".

What do you mean by this? I am new to EB. Do you mean I should write some kind of EB application and let the Fiori app run inside it,e.g. via the WebView api?

How soon will you be providing formal Fiori support? I know I know - what kind of question is this?!

Could you give a hint at least? Will it be a few months or rather half a year or even more?

Best wishes

Daniel

ABHINEET AGARWAL

Dear Daniel,

You wrote: "One can try to render SAP UI5 or Neptune or Fiori application with EnterpriseBrowser applications".

What do you mean by this? I am new to EB. Do you mean I should write some kind of EB application and let the Fiori app run inside it,e.g. via the WebView api?

Regarding this: One can create a SAP Fiori web based application and set the respective URL's to be launched or navigated via EnterpriseBrowser application. Just like how one navigates the respective URL's from any other browser.

How soon will you be providing formal Fiori support? I know I know - what kind of question is this?!

Could you give a hint at least? Will it be a few months or rather half a year or even more?

Regarding this: Enterprise Browser will definitely support in future releases for Android platform and it will definitely be happening this year. We will try to accommodate this soon before half a year unless there is no issues.

I would also request to create the formal support ticket for the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhineet Agarwal

Enterprise Browser Software Lead

1 of 1 people found this helpful

Hello Abhineet,

Regarding this: One can create a SAP Fiori web based application and set the respective URL's to be launched or navigated via EnterpriseBrowser application. Just like how one navigates the respective URL's from any other browser.

Ok, so I misunderstood your first replay.

I've already tried what you suggested but without success:

I called a Neptune app (Inventory Counting) as well as Fiori's Launchpad and, even via Deeplink, the SAP Fiori App "Approve Purchase Order" on a MC9190 with WM/CE and EB 1.5 Webkit. These apps are all working fine in my Desktop but not on the MC.

Thanks a lot for your answers!

Best wishes

Daniel

ABHINEET AGARWAL

Dear Daniel,

As mentioned earlier, one can try to render to those pages but currently EnterpriseBrowser doesn't support those environment on any of the platforms i.e. neither Android nor WM/CE . Therefore, there is no guarantee that the pages of those environment will render properly or not.

I am not sure whether the support for WM/CE platform will be done in future releases of EnterpriseBrowser application. It will be purely based on business use case and the decision on the same will be taken by management.

Support on Android from EnterpriseBrowser application will be available soon before half a year unless there is no issues.

Regards,

Abhineet Agarwal

Enterprise Browser Software Lead