EMDKOSUpdate The EMDK update is not supported on this device

I have the Motorola Zebra MC3200 scanner and followed the instructions to install/update the device. I downloaded EMDK SDK version 6.3 for Jellybean, installed on my Windows 10 computer, connected the device via USB and ran the "Device Runtime Deployment" process. It installs the EMDKOSUpdate apk and then launches the app. On the device, the app displays "Error: The EMDK update is not supported on this device". I don't see anything interesting in the Android Studio logcat.

Model: MC32N0-SI4HAHEIA

Android version: 4.1.1

Kernel version: 3.0.31

Build number: 00-4AJ11-J-0000-0000-00-M1-051216

I also tried to (after uninstalling the Jellybean version) installing the EMDK SDK version 6.3 for Lollipop and receive the same error.

Note: I have another MC3200 with the pistol grip and the EMDK update works as expected.

Model: MC32N0-GI4HAHEIA

Android version: 4.1.1

Kernel version: 3.0.31

Build number: 00-4AJ11-J-0000-0000-00-M1-112214

What are my steps to resolve this?

emdkosupdate-6-3-failure-device-2017-02-16-124745.png

Paul Clark
I am receiving the same error

I am receiving the same error message and I am trying to run it on the TC8000. I would like to know what is causing this as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Kanagal Raj Ram...
EMDK for Android v6.0 and

EMDK for Android v6.0 and higher will support KitKat and higher OS versions (except TC70 KitKat BSP version 112414). EMDK for Android v5.0 will continue to support Jelly Bean and TC70 KitKat BSP version 112414 devices.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Paul, please see the note at

Paul, please see the note at the bottom of the device updates section of the EMDK for Android 6.3 release notes. The EMDK OS update is not supported for the TC8000. TC8000 users will need to wait for an updated BSP that contains this EMDK update.

EMDK for Android v6.3 Release Notes Support | Zebra

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Paul Clark
Does this mean that no one is

Does this mean that no one is developing on the TC8000 using the Zebra EMDK?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hey Paul,     There is a

Hey Paul,

There is a recent version of the EMDK already installed on your TC8000. Which allows you to use the EMDK in your project. Updating the EMDK runtime on the TC8000 is only necessary if you intended to use new features released in EMDK for Android 6.3.  If you do intend to use the new features, you will need to wait until the updated runtime has been added to a released BSP for that device.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Paul Clark
Bill,You have been very

Bill,

You have been very helpful so far as I am pretty new to android development. My end goal with the TC8000 is to develop an app that works with our companies Inventory business needs. We have developed apps on the MC9190 using Windows CE but we are trying to learn with the Android development kit. I would simply like to take control of the when the scanner is able to scan items as we do not want barcodes in description fields. I would think that this should be doable with the pre-loaded EMDK. How can I tell what EMDK is loaded on the scanner that I have?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Paul,          You can find

Paul,

You can find the EMDK Service( runtime ) version by going into Settings on your TC8000, Select Apps, then Select the ALL tab.  Find the EMDK Service in the list and select it. The version will be displayed in the EMDK Service App Info page. 

The installed runtime will be more than sufficient for the use case you described.

If you've not already started, have a look at our online documentation and sample apps.

- About EMDK For Android - Zebra Technologies Techdocs

- EMDK For Android Samples - Zebra Technologies Techdocs

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi David,     Please refer to

Hi David,

Please refer to the release notes ( Device Updates section) for EMDK for Android 6.3. Jellybean devices are not supported with this release.

EMDK for Android v6.3 Release Notes Support | Zebra

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

David Truby
Well, I found an old

Well, I found an old EMDKOSUpdate.apk, that I had use on a previous MC32, and I was able to install it on the new devices. So, it appears that the Zebra download page has removed the Jellybean versions of the apk download (version 5).

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Kanagal Raj Ram...
The EMDK for Android 5.0 is

The EMDK for Android 5.0 is available@

EMDK for Android Support & Downloads | Zebra

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’