5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2017 5:53 AM by Daniel Silva

EB Shortcut in EHS (MC18)

sandy bertona

Hi,

Is it possible to add a shortcut in Enterprise Home Screen created from the Enterprise Browser Shorcut Utility ?

I can see the shortcut in the default launcher, but in EHS mode i didn't  succeed to add it.

Thanks.

• Re: EB Shortcut in EHS (MC18)
          Ian Hatton

Hi Sandy,

Is your requirement to launch EB from EHS with different configurations e.g. different start pages ?

sandy bertona

One for now but I would like to keep the flexibility to add a new application later.

Ian Hatton

OK - try the attached utils (unsupported so use at your own risk) which will allow you to have up to three config.xml files located in root of external storage (sdcard0) and will switch between them when run from EHS. The only requirement is that EB is closed and re-opened for the new configuration to take effect i.e. it would be best for the user to exit EB before returning to the EHS launcher and selecting another config.

sandy bertona

ok, if i understood each Configx.apk replaces EB default Config.xml with corresponding configx.xml file. So we have to launch a Configx app before EB... I would have prefer a built in management in EB with intents, but if there's no other way i'll go with that for now.

Thanks for your support.

Daniel Silva

You can use the EB shortcut utility to do this, but it takes a little work. 

To start with you will need to set up EHS to allow creation of shortcuts.  This line in the enterprisehomescreen.xml controls that.

<install_shortcuts>1</install_shortcuts>

Set up EB to create the shortcuts as you did before.

Then set up EB to start in EHS.

Start EB from within EHS

You should see the shortcuts created on the EB home screen.  This will add everything that EB needs to run that shortcut right in your enterprisehomescreen.xml.

You can then edit the enterprisehomescreen.xml to remove the original instance of EB and you can shut off the install_shortcuts option.