TC70 app not installing via app gallery

I have an app that has recently gone from being used on <4 devices to being used on a fleet of 10 TC70 devices across the warehouse. via

Previously I have been installing the app by physically connecting the device to my workstation PC and running it in Visual Studio, then it stays on. Today I exported the app to an APK and successfully installed a release version on a TC70 unit, also by manual connection to my PC and transferring the files.

I am interested in a mass distribution method for my app across all devices on the warehouse floor, so I put the app on the Zebra AppGallery (private; I don't need random people grabbing it) and when I tried to download it, it had a red message "This App might not be compatible with this device" and it failed installation after downloading. (the goal is when I release an update, I don't have to collect and manually update them all individually on my machine, but rather push an update that they can easily find on the store and download)

I know that the app is compatible because I have been using the app on the device.

The devices are running on android 4.4, which is what I have the build set to. I am running Xamarin 4.3 on Visual Studio 2015.

How do I make the app work when downloaded from AppGallery when it already works perfectly fine otherwise?

Anonymous (not verified)
One thought that comes to

One thought that comes to mind is that maybe you need to set the "Allow installation of apps from unknown sources" under settings/security.  This will block installation of anything that didn't come from the Google play store.

If that doesn't help, you might want to look at a logcat log from the time when you are trying to install the app through appgallery.  That might give a clue to what the issue is.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Royce Meyer
Unknown sources had already

Unknown sources had already been selected for when I moved the .apk over manually via usb and installed it that way.

Though I did manage to solve it. I needed to use the signed version of the app.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’