nobody have a idea?
Windows Mobile Device Centre does support MC3200 WEC7 (CE7). I have WMDC version 6.1.6965 running on Windows 7 64bit PC and connecting fine.
i don't know what is wrong on my system, i have the follow environement:
- Windows 7 32Bit
- Windows mobile device center 6.1.6965
- Visual Studio 2008 with SP1
- EMDK for .NET Version 2.9
- MC32N0 Platform SDK v03.00.01
i create the project like this: ( maybe some terms are not correct because i am using a german version )
- open VS
- create a new project, select visual basic project for inteligent device and template .NET Framework 3.5 and klick ok
- Target system : Symbol MC3200c70 Windowss CE 7.0 PDSK with .NET Compact Framework Version 3.5
- Select Device application , ok
At the moment i have not a MC3200 connected, i want to test on the emulator, but when i start run the project i get the message : cannot connect to the device.
Or when i open the device manager emulator and select the Symbol MC3200 the menu "Connect" is disabled.
With other device, e.g Pocket PC 2003 it works
thanks for help
Was under the impression the issue was with WMDC. Were you able to connect with only WMDC and have access to the file system of the device?
From your recent post it sounds as you're trying to connect with the device through VS2008. For working with WEC7 based devices through VS2008 you'll need to do the following:
MFC Application (VS2008)
After installing the SDK, there are a few Microsoft fixes and updates to install:
Installation must be done in the specified order
- Windows Embedded Compact 7 Update 3
- Visual Studio 2008 update for Windows Embedded Compact 7
- Windows Embedded Compact 7 ATL Update for Visual Studio 2008 SP1
Here is the entire article WEC7: Application Development - CompuLab Wiki
i have installed all fixes but i have still the same problem.
Not shure if i explain all correct, my english is not very good.
I just want in VS 2008 create a application for a device, the MC3200, if i create a project for a Poccekt PC this is working fine:
but when i select as target device the MC3200 like this:
the i get still the error "error on connect device" in file Device connectivity componer.
thanks for help, Dani
Please be aware that you cannot select the MC3200 platform and target the Emulator. The Emulator doesn't recognize it. You will have to target an actual MC3200 device. Are you able to simply connect the MC3200 WEC7 device to your PC via WMDC?
ok that explain my problem. My customer will buy the MC3200 soon, then i will try and hope it works.
At the moment i think we can close the ticket.
Thanks for your help.