Simulscan scanning a barcode and OCR within the same template

// Expert user has replied.
D Daniel Kelleher 2 years 11 months ago
1 1 0

I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm new to Simulscan.

The process I'm trying to achieve is to scan a 1D barcode printed on a letter enter it into a web app and then allocate several travel card '19-digit id numbers' to that particular letter.

The letter with the barcode is generated by us so we have complete control. The travel cards are supplied by the customer with a unique 19-digit number printed on the cards.

Once the barcode has been scanned and entered into the web-app, the database in the back-end will instruct the web-app to allocate a set number of cards to the letter.

The problem I'm having with Simulscan is that it appears I can't have a single template where I can use the scanning device to enter a barcode into a field with in a webpage then enter an OCR string with the same template.

It appears to me that I have to use one template to activate the 'barcode input' and then switch to a second template to activate the 'Simulscan input' to enter the 19-digit number.

I really need to do this seamlessly and scan the barcode enter into the web-app scan the 19-digit numbers enter them into the web app without leaving the web browser.

Please help
Daniel

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

L Lindsay Fahmi

Hi Daniel

Apologies for the Delay-

Q: What web browser are you using?
Q: would you like to send us a sample of your document so we can provide you with better information?
Also are you familiar with our APIS available through EMDK?
You Can Create a Template to do both Barcode and TEXT simultaneously but this requires:

Structured Document ( meaning the TEXT field and Barcode should always be in the same location on the document)
Use of Camera not imager
OCR Requires a Device License  ( Note: you can use the demo app to test the solution without a license)

Another option, if you do not have a structured document is to scan the barcode first and then use Free Form OCR ( Default Template) - see attached video
Note - OCR still requires a Device License

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?