RFD8500 Development using Xamarin with ZETI commands

c conte cedric 2 years 11 months ago
45 0 0

Hi folks,

We just recently get the RFD8500 for evaluation purpose. Actually, We need to develop a small Android application under xamarin form to acquire the RFID information and send it to our system.
Unfortunately, there is no Xamarin SDK for this device under Xamarin, so I have decided to use the ZETI commands instead.

So far, i have been able to Pair the RFD8500 with a Bluetooth device (android phone) but when i sent a ZETI command (like help) i got nothing.
I have alse check the manifest autorisation : BLUETOOTH, BLUETOOTH_ADMIN, BLUETOOTH_PRIVILEGED

For information, I have been able to send nicely those commands with my laptop (WIN10) and Putty.

Below the sample to do it :

try
           {
               BluetoothAdapter adapter = BluetoothAdapter.DefaultAdapter;
               BluetoothSocket socket = null;
               BluetoothDevice device = null;

if (adapter == null)
                   System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("No Bluetooth adapter found.");
               else
                   System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Adapter found!!");

if (!adapter.IsEnabled)
                   System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Bluetooth adapter is not enabled.");
               else
                   System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Adapter enabled!");

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Try to connect to " + "RFD850015314523023914");

foreach (var bd in adapter.BondedDevices)
               {
                   System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Paired devices found: " + bd.Name.ToUpper());
                   if (bd.Name.ToUpper().IndexOf("RFD850015314523023914".ToUpper()) >= 0)
                   {

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Found " + bd.Name + ". Try to connect with it!");
                       device = bd;
                       break;
                   }
               }
               if (device == null)
                   System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Named device not found.");
               else
               {
                   // Hint: If you are connecting to a Bluetooth serial board then try using the well-known SPP UUID 00001101-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB.
                   // However if you are connecting to an Android peer then please generate your own unique UUID.
                   UUID uuid = UUID.FromString("00001101-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb");
                   if ((int)Android.OS.Build.VERSION.SdkInt >= 10) // Gingerbread 2.3.3 2.3.4
                       socket = device.CreateInsecureRfcommSocketToServiceRecord(uuid);
                   else
                       socket = device.CreateRfcommSocketToServiceRecord(uuid);

if (socket != null)
                   {
                       await socket.ConnectAsync();
                   }

if (socket.IsConnected)
                   {
                       System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Connected!");

var inReader = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(socket.InputStream));
                       var outReader = new BufferedWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(socket.OutputStream));

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("ZETI command : help");
                       outReader.Write("help\r\n"); // Used as a new line character in Windows
                                                    // After the write you may want to flush the stream to force the data to be sent out
                       outReader.Flush();
                       System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(3000); // wait 3s before read

if (inReader.Ready()) // Here the issue => Never Ready
                  {
                           System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("buffer ready");
                           inReader.Skip(0);
                           string result = await inReader.ReadLineAsync();
                           System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Tags: " + result);
                       }
                   }
               }
           }
           catch (Exception ex)
           {
               System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Exception: " + ex.Message);
           }

output console :

[0:] Adapter found!!
[0:] Adapter enabled!
[0:] Try to connect to RFD850015314523023914
[0:] Paired devices found: RFD850015314523023914
[0:] Found RFD850015314523023914. Try to connect with it!
[0:] Connected!
[0:] ZETI command : help

Does anyone know in Xamarin development know how to use the ZETI command ?  If so, are there any examples available where it has been used that we could look at?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cedric

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?