0 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2017 9:55 AM by conte cedric

RFD8500 Development using Xamarin with ZETI commands

conte cedric

Hi folks,

We just recently get the RFD8500 for evaluation purpose. Actually, We need to develop a small Android application under xamarin form to acquire the RFID information and send it to our system.

Unfortunately, there is no Xamarin SDK for this device under Xamarin, so I have decided to use the ZETI commands instead.

So far, i have been able to Pair the RFD8500 with a Bluetooth device (android phone) but when i sent a ZETI command (like help) i got nothing.

I have alse check the manifest autorisation : BLUETOOTH, BLUETOOTH_ADMIN, BLUETOOTH_PRIVILEGED

For information, I have been able to send nicely those commands with my laptop (WIN10) and Putty.

Below the sample to do it :

try

{

BluetoothAdapter adapter = BluetoothAdapter.DefaultAdapter;

BluetoothSocket socket = null;

BluetoothDevice device = null;

if (adapter == null)

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("No Bluetooth adapter found.");

else

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Adapter found!!");

if (!adapter.IsEnabled)

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Bluetooth adapter is not enabled.");

else

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Adapter enabled!");

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Try to connect to " + "RFD850015314523023914");

foreach (var bd in adapter.BondedDevices)

{

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Paired devices found: " + bd.Name.ToUpper());

if (bd.Name.ToUpper().IndexOf("RFD850015314523023914".ToUpper()) >= 0)

{

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Found " + bd.Name + ". Try to connect with it!");

device = bd;

break;

}

}

if (device == null)

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Named device not found.");

else

{

// Hint: If you are connecting to a Bluetooth serial board then try using the well-known SPP UUID 00001101-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB.

// However if you are connecting to an Android peer then please generate your own unique UUID.

UUID uuid = UUID.FromString("00001101-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb");

if ((int)Android.OS.Build.VERSION.SdkInt >= 10) // Gingerbread 2.3.3 2.3.4

socket = device.CreateInsecureRfcommSocketToServiceRecord(uuid);

else

socket = device.CreateRfcommSocketToServiceRecord(uuid);

if (socket != null)

{

await socket.ConnectAsync();

}

if (socket.IsConnected)

{

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Connected!");

var inReader = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(socket.InputStream));

var outReader = new BufferedWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(socket.OutputStream));

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("ZETI command : help");

outReader.Write("help\r\n"); // Used as a new line character in Windows

// After the write you may want to flush the stream to force the data to be sent out

outReader.Flush();

System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(3000); // wait 3s before read

if (inReader.Ready()) // Here the issue => Never Ready

{

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("buffer ready");

inReader.Skip(0);

string result = await inReader.ReadLineAsync();

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Tags: " + result);

}

}

}

}

catch (Exception ex)

{

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Exception: " + ex.Message);

}

output console :

[0:] Adapter found!!

[0:] Adapter enabled!

[0:] Try to connect to RFD850015314523023914

[0:] Paired devices found: RFD850015314523023914

[0:] Found RFD850015314523023914. Try to connect with it!

[0:] Connected!

[0:] ZETI command : help

Does anyone know in Xamarin development know how to use the ZETI command ?  If so, are there any examples available where it has been used that we could look at?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cedric