SDK to use with the GK420d printer

Hi there,

awe are creating an app and would like to know what SDK to use with the GK420d printer, is Link OS the correct approach or just sending the printer Raw ZPL?

Kind regards

Connor

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Connor, You can work with

Hi Connor, You can work with raw ZPL regardless.  The SDK is mostly to help with communication, not as much on formatting.  You may not be able to use the newest Link-OS SDK, but the version posted here: Link-OS Multiplatform SDK  will work better with non-link-OS printers like the GK420d.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Connor Aspinall
Hi Robin,Thanks for your help

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your help last week, I have my ZPL sorted now, I have looked through the Desktop examples in Java and need to reproduce the SendFileDemo.java in c# I just need to send the Raw ZPL to the printer what DLL do I need to import to reference the following? or is there a better way to send the ZPL to the printer via c#

import com.zebra.desktop.devdemo.ConnectionCardPanel;

import com.zebra.desktop.devdemo.DemoDialog;

import com.zebra.sdk.comm.Connection;

import com.zebra.sdk.comm.ConnectionException;

import com.zebra.sdk.printer.PrinterLanguage;

import com.zebra.sdk.printer.ZebraPrinter;

import com.zebra.sdk.printer.ZebraPrinterFactory;

import com.zebra.sdk.printer.ZebraPrinterLanguageUnknownException;

kind regards

Connor

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Connor, Which version of

Hi Connor, Which version of Windows is your app going to run on?  We have C# SDK's for some versions of windows.  Other versions, we can point you towards the internal Windows API's to do it.  Also, which communication method are you using? USB, Network, Bluetooth?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Connor Aspinall
Hi Robin,Thanks for your

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your reply :-) we are on windows 8.1 my dev machine is on windows 10 I have tried the RawPrinterHelper from the MSDN page. I think it will run on the 8.1 machines but my windows 10 machine spools it but never prints, Turns out the printer is networked, I have also implemented sending data to the printer via IP on port 9100 but haven't tested it yet as I'm currently not on the site where the printer is located, but its my understanding that writing the ZPL bytes to the network port of the printer may do the trick?

Kind regards

Connor

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Connor, For Windows 8.1

Hi Connor,

For Windows 8.1 and 10, yes we do recommend opening a standard TCP socket to port 9100 is your best option.  For sending files to the printer, make sure you send them as binary data (read and write bytestreams).  Depending on your file type, you may need to add ZPL headers (~D or !CISDF commands) to tell the printer what to do with the files.

Some of the RawPrinterHelper methods have been deprecated in Windows 10 so I'm not surprised it's having issues.

Robin

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Connor Aspinall
Thanks Robin,I will try the

Thanks Robin,

I will try the TCP approach :-) to be fair its much tidier!

Kind regards

Connors

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Connor Aspinall
Works like a charm! Thanks

Works like a charm! Thanks for your help Robin! :-)

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Terje Solem
Hello.I also need the sdk for

Hello.

I also need the sdk for GK420d for c#. Can you provide me with this, i seem to have downloaded the one for java. The demo printer I got is connected via usb, I have win 10. I guess the customers are win7+

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’