How to install a C# app  on zebra mk500 WinCE5.0

L Lucio G Pazos 3 years ago
39 2 0

Hi, I have problems to deploy my own app, when a I execute under zebra kiosko it throws something like this  "cannot find * (or one of its components) make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries" , Can anybody help me?

I build my app under VS 2008 and .Net 3.5 with device target "Windows CE".

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

S Sergio Contreras

Hello again, i installed .net framework successfully in the mk500 device. but when restart i have to reinstall it again   is there a way to install it permanently? i have the same issue with EMDK.

V Vedsatx Saddvv

On the CE5 devices,  the .Net Compact Framework does not come preinstalled. So you would need to install this as well as any of the EMDK dlls you are using or the EMDK cab file.

Assuming you are using the EMDK to write your app,  you can find instructions and the EMDK cab file here on your PC.  This shows how to deploy the needed cab files so that they are cold boot persistent (they will be reinstalled automatically when the device is cold booted).
C:\Program Files (x86)\Motorola EMDK for .NET\v2.9\Windows CE\MassDeployment

You would also need to Microsoft .Net Compact Framework cab file. On my PC I have that here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v3.5\WindowsCE\NETCFv35.wce.armv4.cab

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?