How to turn on barcode scan reader?

L Lucio G Pazos 2 years 11 months ago
20 1 0

Hi! I have this code on my zebra mk500 device and works fine when I turn on the scanner with other app, but the question are , how I turn on the scanner when my app start?

private Symbol.Barcode.Reader MyReader = null;private Symbol.Barcode.ReaderData MyReaderData = null; private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e){   MyReader = new Symbol.Barcode.Reader();   MyReaderData =   new Symbol.Barcode.ReaderData(Symbol.Barcode.ReaderDataTypes.Text,   Symbol.Barcode.ReaderDataLengths.DefaultText);   MyReader.ReadNotify += new EventHandler(MyReader_ReadNotify);   MyReader.Actions.Enable();   MyReader.Actions.Read(MyReaderData);   return; }private void Form1_Closing(object sender, CancelEventArgs e){   MyReader.Actions.Flush();   MyReader.Actions.Disable();   MyReader.Dispose();   MyReaderData.Dispose();   return; }private void MyReader_ReadNotify(object sender, EventArgs e){   System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show(MyReaderData.Text, "HelloScan");   MyReader.Actions.Read(MyReaderData);   return;}  

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Hi,

Did you try setting AIM_TYPE_PRESENTATION?  The MK500 has a sensor which detects movement, from the help file:

Symbol.Barcode Assembly > Symbol.Barcode Namespace : AIM_TYPE Enumeration

AIM_TYPE_PRESENTATION
Presentaion aim type; Appears idle until motion is detected in front of imager window at which time illumination is turned on along with the aiming pattern and a decode is attempted. Currently only the MK500 imager device supports this feature and works only when the soft trigger is enabled.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?