How to disable "Recent" button in TC8000?

M Martin Sramo 3 years 5 months ago
16 1 0

Hi, we are trying to change the behaviour of "Home" and "Recent apps" on-screen buttons of TC8000 with Lollipop 5.1.1 Non-GMS. To be specific, we would like to disable these keys in our application. Because devices are Non-GMS version, we cannot use Lock Task mode. And we don't want to use EHS's Kiosk mode because we need to have AppGallery available as well as "Back" key must stay enabled. So we tried to use Profile Manager in EMDK for Android to achieve our goal.
We succeded in disabling the "Home" key using UIManager, but we are unable to disable "Recent" button using KeyMapping manager. We are receiving an error "Unsupported key". We also tried to run "QueryAvailableKeys" profile, which returned only 4 keys, available also in Key Programmer section in Settings. According to documentation on TechDocs, also capacitive buttons should be supported. But I guess that on-screen buttons are not equal to capacitive buttons. Could anyone please confirm that or explain more which keys are we able to change?

And finally. Is there any way to disable or hide the recent button, in general and specifically on TC8000?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

M Matt Dermody

I was unsuccessful in disabling the App Switcher / Recents button on the TC8000 but I was successful in leveraging the "Clear Recent Apps List" option in the AppMgr MX Profile to remove unwanted apps from the App Switcher. I deploy that MX config from SOTI so that the Recent Apps list gets cleared from any applications that were launched during the staging process, and then the EHS takes care of the rest. Since you're leveraging the EMDK and Profile Manager, maybe you could make a regular MX submission of the "Clear Recent Apps List" command/function.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?