A few issues with the MK3100 (Windows CE 7)

B Blake Peavy 3 years ago
5 1 0

So I'm trying to get an app to work, and overall the device:

First:
When the device powers off it resets to factory defaults, including any data/applications that was previously there. How do I fix this? I'm guessing something from the registry files? I looked at Chpt 3 in the guide, however can't find the mkconfig.reg on the device to edit.

Second:

Using SQLServer seems buggy here. I'm trying to rely the scan data to a remote sql server, when even trying I get an error: Can't find PInvoke DLL 'sqlceme30.dll'

Above, I've tried having all verisons of this file in the folder, which seems pointless. Any common reason that would produce this?  Perhaps I'm coding this wrong for sql, but would seem to work from my understanding.

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Hi,

For your first points, this is just how the device works as it has no internal battery so when you remove power, it has no way of persisting the internal RAM.  You will need to configure the device to ensure persistence across a power cycle, there are a couple of threads on this, the recent https://developer.zebra.com/message/94098?et=watches.email.thread#94098…; explains how to stop the power screen coming up and   is also a good reference for CPY and REG files (see about half way down the thread for examples).  REG and CPY files are placed in the persistent storage (\application) along with any applications or settings you want to persist, then at device boot the appropriate files are copied and registry settings reapplied.

For your second point, I am afraid I have no experience with SQL Server on CE but bear in mind the capabilities are not going to match what is available on the desktop, as a result I suspect the DLL on the device will be missing some features and so you could see that PInvoke problem.  The Microsoft docs look like a good place to start: Using SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition  and the Wikipedia article is here SQL Server Compact - Wikipedia 

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?