6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2017 7:51 AM by Blake Peavy

Device is only being seen as a Removable Disk

Blake Peavy

I've plugged the device into the pc, however now it only shows a "Removable Disk" with folders 'Fusion-Data' and 'Logs'. How do I get back to the User Drive as it doesn't appear now?

Thanks.

• Re: Device is only being seen as a Removable Disk
          Daniel Silva

What you are seeing is the root of the UserDrive partition.  You can add whatever you need to there and then disconnect from the PC and reboot the SB1.  The SB1 cannot access the UserDrive partition while your PC is accessing it.

Blake Peavy

Doesn't seem to be the root, the folder User Drive doesn't even exist anymore. Also it was showing as a portable device before hand, now just a removable drive. Placing a folder seems to do nothing also. Removable drive (e) is the only available drive for the device. Untitled.png

Daniel Silva

What you are seeing is the UserDrive folder.  There is a Logs folder and a Fusion-Data folder under UserDrive.  You would typically add a Config folder here.  In that Config folder,  add a config.js file with your settings.  The SB1 always looks for a config.js in \UserDrive\Config. config.js determines where the device looks for apps.json.  You would usually have a line in config.js like below.  There are example config.js and apps.json files in the developers toolbox.  Look in the "Sample UserDrives" folder.

SB1 Software Developer Kit Support & Downloads | Zebra

/**

* @description holds the location of the default application file

* @example config.apps.src = '/UserDrive/config/apps.json';

* @type {String}

*/

config.apps.src = '/UserDrive/config/apps.json';

Blake Peavy

So I've made the dir '\UserDrive\config', which contains the files in the sample. The device for whatever reason isn't reading my config.js, which is copied from the sample. I've also tried the '\UserDrive\Config' in case it was case sensitive.

For the best part it doesn't seem to read the file as none of the settings in the config.js I changed show on the device, even after a reboot and disconnecting it from the dev pc.

Daniel Silva

You are already in UserDrive,  so if you make what you see as \UserDrive\config,  you are actually making \UserDrive\UserDrive\config.    Just make \config and put your files in there.

Blake Peavy

My current config.js, which is located in /config/:

/**

* @description holds the location of the default application file

* @example config.apps.src = '/UserDrive/config/apps.json';

* @type {String}

*/

config.apps.src = '/config/apps.json';

/**

* @description holds the location of the default TEGroups file

* @example config.TE.Groups = '/UserDrive/config/TEGroups.json';

* @type {String}

*/

config.TE.Groups = '/config/TEGroups.json';

My current apps.json located in /config/:

{

"name": "TestApp",

"url": "/apps/TestApp/index.html"

}

Nothing is shown in the app's screen after the reboot. I've tried giving the apps.json app the icon code with an the default icon to be sure it just wasn't being shown in which it still doesn't do anything.

Changes I make to other files such as the resources-en-US.js take, so seems like an issue isolated to the config file.

FINALLY fixed the problem. "/UserDrive//apps/" seems to make the apps.json work.