Link-OS SDK for Xamarin does not work with iPod when connecting to ZD500 Printer by Wifi

Hi,

I am trying to use Link-OS SDK Xamarin to create connection to ZD 500 printer by Wifi. It works perfectly on Android. But when I test iOS project with a iPod (ios version 9.3), it is not working.

When the program run to line:

connection.Open();

it failed and gives nothing in exception. (open connection failed and nothing in response).

I also tried to download a Zebra Utility App and input the ip address and port number and it says ""

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi, I'm just checking a few

Hi, I'm just checking a few of the easy issues- Are you finding the printer via discovery or using the IP address directly? Can you find the printer via the iOS settings?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Tianyu Meng
I connect by IP address

I connect by IP address directly.

I am follow the sample code:

http://techdocs.zebra.com/link-os/latest/xamarin/content/interface_link_o_s_1_1_plugin_1_1_abstractions_1_1_i_connection.html

So first I create the connection:

IConnection connection = ConnectionBuilder.Current.Build("TCP:192.168.1.100:9100");

and then when I call:

connection.Open();

It does not connect and give me no response.

The same code works perfectly with android but not iOS. And it gives no exception. Program not crash. Just not response at all.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Tianyu Meng
any updates? Can someone help

any updates? Can someone help me?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Tianyu, Please try to see

Hi Tianyu, Please try to see if you have this issue using the full sample code we have available Link-OS Multiplatform SDK | Zebra  or   .  The only time I've seen this is when the iPod or other device is not actually connected to a network.  Usually if the printer is not connected to the network, the sdk will throw an exception.  It's usually only when the device is not actually even trying to communicate that the SDK can't get an exception.  The other possibility I know of is the open() command can sometimes take a few full seconds.  Please make sure all communications to the printer are on a separate thread as the UI will not handle this long running function well.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’