Apps disabled from AppManager CSP can be enabled from Play Store

A Aashrey Sharma 3 years ago
1 1 0

I noticed this while prototyping a feature for our product. We are required to offer silent uninstall and silent disable facility in our product i.e. perform these actions without user confirmation. Apps can be disabled successfully from the App Manager CSP however, if the user goes to the Play Store page for the disabled app, there is an option to enable the app. This allows the user to override the App Manager CSP and enable the target app. This is unexpected behavior, ideally the App Manager CSP's settings should override any Android APIs for enabling/disabling apps.

The Play Store functionality described above is documented by Google - Reinstall and re-enable apps - Android - Google Play Help

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Thanks for reporting this, typically if you are locking down the device I would expect the play store to also be locked down (after staging).  Obviously this is something we want to get right and I have raised this internally.

Could you please help us understand the use case better?  Why does the end user need access to the play store?  Is this to update existing applications or to download new applications... perhaps depending on the end user to deploy new applications rather than rely on an EMM?

Thanks.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?