Is there a way to set a parameter in Datawedge via a Soti Script?

Is there a way to set a parameter in Datawedge via a Soti Script?  For example updating the Picklist mode parameter?

Thanks

Andreas Fauerbach
Hi,You can set a device

Hi,

You can set a device according to your requrements, export the *.db files from DataWedge and distribute the *.db files via a file sync rule.

Plese refer to the Auto Import section in the DataWedge Settings Manual.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Brian Timothy
Is there a way that this can

Is there a way that this can be done without having to reset the device?  We have placed the .db file in the  autoimport directory according to the manual, but nothing happens until the device is reset.  It would be just as easy for the user to go in and manually upload the db file if this is the case.  We are looking for a better way to manage this parameter.

Thanks

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Andreas Fauerbach
DataWedge configs can be set

DataWedge configs can be set on the fly by using the intent API​. However, neither MobiControl nor MX is capable of sending an intent with a nested bundle attached to it. The only way I see is to write a little app that does the job and apply it via MobiControl.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Michal Keracik
As I mentioned elsewhere (  

As I mentioned elsewhere (   ) reset is needed probably due to file permissions ( DataWedge Settings - Zebra Technologies TechDocs​ ). "Zebra recommends applying explicit file permissions to the all .db files" - but don't explains how . If StageNow client was able to send nested intent it would save lifes in many times but for reasons I don't understand it's not.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Here's how I have done this

Here's how I have done this in the past with Soti

Deliver the file to /enterprise/device/settings/datawedge (not to the autoimport folder yet). Then add a post install script (pasted in below) that will set the permissions on the file, then copy to autoimport and also set the permissions on the new file under autoimport. 

execute_shell chown system.system /enterprise/device/settings/datawedge/dwprofile_myprofile.db

execute_shell chmod 777 /enterprise/device/settings/datawedge/dwprofile_ myprofile.db

copy /enterprise/device/settings/datawedge/dwprofile_ myprofile.db /enterprise/device/settings/datawedge/autoimport/dwprofile_ myprofile.db

execute_shell chown system.system /enterprise/device/settings/datawedge/autoimport/dwprofile_ myprofile.db

execute_shell chmod 777 /enterprise/device/settings/datawedge/autoimport/dwprofile_ myprofile.db

del /enterprise/device/settings/datawedge/dwprofile_ myprofile.db

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Michal Keracik
You just saved me lot of

You just saved me lot of restarts thank you very much

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Brian Timothy
Thanks, that would be awesome

Thanks, that would be awesome, but we are using Android+, and execute_shell does not seem to work.

I appreciate all of the help!

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Michal Keracik
Hi Brian,Did you tried the

Hi Brian,

Did you tried the commands via the File Transfer Rule or directly via Send script or Package? Because via the Rule it's working for me

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Wayne Wang
Appreciate for the post.This

Appreciate for the post.

This helps a lot however it doesn't fully work in my environment.

I finally work it out by doing the followings, hope this can help someone who has the same issue like us.

I create a package and push datawedge.db to

%sdcard%\Android\data\com.symbol.datawedge\files\

Copy and paste the following scripts into Post-Install Scripts:

copy /sdcard/Android/data/com.symbol.datawedge/files/datawedge.db /enterprise/device/settings/datawedge/autoimport/datawedge.db

__chmod 777 /enterprise/device/settings/datawedge/autoimport/datawedge.db

If everything works as expected, you don't need to import DataWedge configuration manually.

This is very handy when you upgrading the application.

Here is my environment:

Android 6.01

TC56

SOTI Android Enterprise Agent

MobiControl 14.0.2

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

David Perrin
This approach worked in our

This approach worked in our instance as well. I was looking to import a profile only. Export the profile you want from a device. It will be saved as dwprofile_<profilename>.db. Put that file into a package with the same Post-Install script as stated above (changing "datawedge.db" for "dwprofile_<profilename>.db").

Android 7.1.2

Zebra TC75x

MobiControl 13.4

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Paul Cooper
This worked perfectly for me

This worked perfectly for me using dwprofile_<profilename>.db

Is there any way to script enabling the profile as well?

Many thanks

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’