TC510K Device Update

I have a TC510K device, how can I check which version of the EMDK is installed on it.

Downloaded version 6.6 and used the command line bat script to update it. I see the app on the device but shows an error "Error: The EMDK Update is not supported on this device"

Tried going back to 6.4 and the same issue.

We should be able to update the TC510K to 6.6 right?

Peter Arcuri
Hi Kranti,The EMDK service is

Hi Kranti,

The EMDK service is updated through BSP OS updates. The OS update script included in the EMDK v6.6 is for older devices. The failed attempt didn't change anything. EMDK service 6.4 is still intact.

If you wish to update, the latest EMDK service for the TC51 at this time is v6.5 and is delivered in:

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Kranti Kambhampati
Thank you for the quick

Thank you for the quick response, got it. So how do I check which version is on my device? The reason is also I want to use the corresponding emdk jar in my project.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Peter Arcuri
To determine version of the

To determine version of the EMDK service active on the device, you would go to Settings>App>click on 3 vertical dots and select System, then navigate down and tap on EMDK service.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Peter Arcuri
To answer your question, EMDK

To answer your question, EMDK service v6.5 is the latest that works with EMDK jar v6.6.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Kranti Kambhampati
The EMDK Service shows 6.3.23

The EMDK Service shows 6.3.23.623 which version of the jar should we use. Is there a release notes that shows the info? To update the service, the entire image of the device has to be updated?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Peter Arcuri
Yes, to update the EMDK

Yes, to update the EMDK service the entire image of the device is updated. As mentioned the latest EMDK Service version is 6.5 for the TC51 device and is available through OS update BSP 21. For various reasons, its always recommended to use the latest OS rather than using an older version of EMDK jar. Doing so would lose all enhancement and bug fixes since then.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Kranti Kambhampati
I don't see 6.5 see only 6.6

I don't see 6.5 see only 6.6 and 6.4 May be I am looking at wrong place or category? This is the place I am looking at.

EMDK for Android Support & Downloads | Zebra               

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Peter Arcuri
That is correct but for the

That is correct but for the EMDK library (jar used for development). The reference to v6.5 was associated with the EMDK Service (runtime) that is system loaded on the device.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Kranti Kambhampati
Thanks for your patience,

Thanks for your patience, still little not clear, we are using Cordova app and the jar is part of the application right? Which version would be the correct one to include in our app. We are not using DeviceWedge.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Peter Arcuri
You could use any of the

You could use any of the three jar files (API 19 through 23) available from the "EMDK for Android" version 6.6. They should be located in the add-ons folder of Android SDK.

...addon-symbol_emdk-symbol-19/libs/com.symbol.emdk.jar

...addon-symbol_emdk-symbol-22/libs/com.symbol.emdk.jar

...addon-symbol_emdk-symbol-23/libs/com.symbol.emdk.jar

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Pietro Francesc...
Hi Kranti,You don't have to

Hi Kranti,

You don't have to compile the EMDK jar library into your application (or plugin, like in this case for a Cordova application).

The jar library needs to be included just as a dependency in your project, as illustrated here:

EMDK for Android Programming Practices - Zebra Technologies TechDocs

Otherwise you're application will stop with an exception as soon as you call one of the EMDK functions.

Keep in mind that if you just need to do barcode scanning maybe easier to use the DataWedge API starting from this Cordova plugin as a sample:

Best,

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Kranti Kambhampati
It was a pain configuring

It was a pain configuring DataWedge, not sure what is the plan for production to provision profiles on each device?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Pietro Francesc...
Hi Kranti,you can find an

Hi Kranti,

you can find an explanation how to easily deploy on multiple devices your profiles here:

DataWedge Settings - Zebra Technologies TechDocs

And keep in mind that the latest version of the DataWedge APIs allows your application to create programmatically the profiles without the need to use the EMDK:

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Kranti Kambhampati
Great, let me review and get

Great, let me review and get back with any questions.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’