2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2017 1:16 AM by a23d6022-3fdf-4d61-8891-9448c1ad0e5a

OnScan notifier not being called

a23d6022-3fdf-4d61-8891-9448c1ad0e5a

Hi Folks,

What I am trying to do

I am porting an old VS 2008 application from Psion TekLogic to Zebra symbol (handheld mc9200). The app is a winforms .Net application written in C#.

I have hit an issue where despite attaching a notifier to a form it is not being called, the notifier is being attached in a templatescanner class that is inherited by further classes. This code replaces existing code so I know the call mechanism etc is valid.

The code is as follows

In the attach notifier code (template class)

// Declarations

Barcode2.OnScanHandler myScanNotifyHandler = null;

// Inside the constructor

this.myScanNotifyHandler = new Barcode2.OnScanHandler(OnScan);

m_scanner.OnScan += new Barcode2.OnScanHandler(this.myScanNotifyHandler);

// further on in the template class

protected virtual void OnScan(ScanDataCollection sd) { }

In the child class(es)

protected override void OnScan(ScanDataCollection sd) {

// blah blah

}

Whats happening is that the text box that is given focus on the form receives the barcode I am trying to scan but the OnScan is not called (where I want to to do some pre-processing)

What I have tried

I have used the sample apps CS_Barcode2Sample1 and even CS_BarcodeSample1.VS2008 and basically copied everything they are doing to the letter but I am still getting the issue. A search of this forum and good old google shows nothing useful. I am completely stuck as to what the issue is,

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance for any and all help