Which SDK to use?

Hello, we are trying to integrate the following printers for label printing on a .Net windows native software. Can you please let us know which SDK are we supposed to use?

Printer models:

Zebra GX420D

Zebra GK420D

Zebra ZP500 Plus

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Renee,We assume you were

Hi Renee,

We assume you were referring to ZD500 model, not ZP500. The ZD500 supports Link-OS SDK. Definitely Link-OS SDK should be used when integrating with ZD500. The Zebra GX420D and GK420D do not support Link-OS SDK and there is no SDK for them.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Renee Jaranilla...
Is there anyway to integrate

Is there anyway to integrate GX420D and GK420D?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
After asking around, it looks

After asking around, it looks like that ZebraLink SDK, which had been recommended for integrating with GX420D & GK420D, was accidentally taken down from Zebra support site. We will advise you once the ZebraLink SDK page is restored. Sorry about the miscommunication and the inconvenience.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Renee Jaranilla...
Great! Please do let me know

Great! Please do let me know when it is back up. Will it also work for the ZD500?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Yes, the ZebraLink SDK works

Yes, the ZebraLink SDK works with ZD500. The Link-OS printers are backwards compatible with ZebraLink SDK.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Renee Jaranilla...
Great! Just waiting for the

Great! Just waiting for the Zebra SDK then.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Renee Jaranilla...
any news about the Zebra SDK?

any news about the Zebra SDK?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Renee Jaranilla...
Hi Steven,any news about

Hi Steven,

any news about uploading the Zebralink SDK?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Renee,Our product team is

Hi Renee,

Our product team is working on this. We expect this will take some time. Hopefully we can get ZebraLink SDK republished in a couple of days. We will let you know as soon as ZabraLink SDK is available. We are so sorry for the delay and the inconvenience this may have caused.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Renee Jaranilla...
Any possibility I can just

Any possibility I can just get a temp link for now so we can get started?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Renee Jaranilla...
follow up please.

follow up please.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Renee,After making a few

Hi Renee,

After making a few internal inquiries with our product team regarding ZebraLink SDK, the advice is that we should use to Zebra Link-OS SDK for the GK420D and GX420D printers.

ZebraLink SDK was the predecessor of Zebra Link-OS SDK. The legacy printers, such as GK420D & GX420D, were supported by ZebraLink SDK. The new printers, such as ZD420 series, QLn series and ZQ series are all supported by Zebra Link-OS SDK. Throughout the evolution of Zebra Link-OS SDK, most of the features in ZebraLink SDK have been absorbed into Link-OS SDK. At the same time, the ZebraLink SDK has stopped evolving, meaning many bugs have been left untouched in ZebraLink SDK and the SDK has become outdated. Therefore, the recommendation is to use Zebra Link-OS SDK for the legacy printers. One caveat is that some of the Link-OS only features in Zebra Link-OS SDK may not work for legacy. Sorry for the delayed response.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Renee Jaranilla...
Thank you for clarifying that

Thank you for clarifying that. We will give it a try and see how it goes then.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Renee Jaranilla...
Hi steven. I just had the

Hi steven. I just had the customer double check the model numbers of hi Zebra printers. He does have a ZP500 Plus printer. is that supported by the Link-OS SDK as well?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Daniel Quagliana
Renee, the ZP500 Plus is also

Renee, the ZP500 Plus is also supported.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Renee Jaranilla...
Thank you Daniel. Another

Thank you Daniel.

Another question, which among these printer models are your newest? The ZP500 is saying its FEDEX specific so we are not sure if we should purchase that model or go with the other two just for testing.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Daniel Quagliana
Renee, the ZP500 Plus is

Renee, the ZP500 Plus is indeed a FedEx specific printer. Therefore I would recommend using the GX and GK if you require a direct thermal model. The GX is a higher class product with additional connectivity and print options.

If you are interested in a thermal transfer model Zebra released the ZD420 and ZD620 a few months ago. These are both Link-OS printers which provide enhanced connectivity, manageability, print quality and speed options.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Renee Jaranilla...
Thank you for the answer

Thank you for the answer Daniel. But the reason I am asking is because the customer already has multiple label printers in his multiple retail locations. it is a mixture of the following models :

Zebra GX420D

Zebra GK420D

Zebra ZP500 Plus

We as the developing team for them was wondering which model to get that would make it easier and cost effective for us to test the integration. We will only be printing a 4x6 label in landscape mode on all three models.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Daniel Quagliana
You should get the GK420D

You should get the GK420D printer as a standard, lower-cost printer. This will cover all use cases for the GK and GX printers. The ZP500 is built off the same platform with unique features for FedEx.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Renee Jaranilla...
Thank you very much Daniel.

Thank you very much Daniel.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’