Korean characters in Browser print

K Kent Kim 2 years 11 months ago
98 2 0

I think it's a similar error that other user already posted(Cyrillic characters in Browser print are not showing correctly. )
A Zebra staff answered the post that they already recognized and was working on the issue with certain multi-byte characters, and probably work is not done yet.
And I want to give them more information that might be helpful if they didn't know about Korean characters' problem.

^XA^CW1,E:corefont.ttf^CI26^SEE:UHANGUL.DAT^FO80,200^A136,36^FD박찬호^FS^XZ

If I send the above ZPL command directly to the printer using zebra tool it works fine, but if I send the very same command through browser print, than it prints weird characters.
In the picture, first label is printed by browser print, in which 박찬호 had to be printed but 갔?, and the second one is by Zebra utility.
I used browser print sample from the installed directory, and only thing I changed was assigned value of format_start of DevDemo.js(line 5).
(var format_start = "^XA^CW1,E:corefont.ttf^CI26^SEE:UHANGUL.DAT^FO80,200^A136,36^FD";)

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

K Kent Kim

The solution I found was to use html5 canvas and send ascii image to the printer and print via ~DG, ^XG commands.
Fonts depend on a browser so only simple fonts are usable but it prints correct characters with browser print anyway.

h hocha hocha

I have the same problem.
The applet method is very tired.
I want to print from the Chrome browser.
Zebra, I believe only you.
Save us. cheer up!!

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?