3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2017 5:02 AM by Daniel Silva

Where do I get this file: Symbol.Barcode

Poul Kristensen

Hi

I am working on an old project, and I am missing this file Symbol.Barcode (Don't know the last name, probably dll).

I hope someone can help me.

Have a nice day

Best regards

Poul

• Re: Where do I get this file: Symbol.Barcode
          Daniel Silva

It sounds like you are working on a .Net Compact Framework app for a Windows Embedded or CE based mobile device.  If not,  let us know what device you are targeting.  If the above is correct,  you will want to install the EMDK for .Net.  And if you need to post more questions about that platform,  you should post under Mobile Computing and provide more details like target device/os so we can better help you.

EMDK for .NET Support & Downloads | Zebra

Poul Kristensen

Hi Daniel

I am working on a mc55. It is running the following OS:

Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 Classic

CE OS 5.2.29344 (Build 29344.5.3.12.40)

(c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation

I am pretty sure it is not either one of the two types you mentioned, but rather the one called Windows Mobile  6.5. So I still need the file I mentioned.If you can direct me in the right direction I would be vere gratefull.

Best regards

Poul

Daniel Silva

Yes, you have Windows Embedded Handheld.  Windows Mobile was re-branded to Windows Embedded Handheld years ago. The link above for the EMDK for .Net is what you need. You load that in the developer machine.  The file you are looking for would end up in C:\Program Files (x86)\Motorola EMDK for .NET\v2.9\SDK\Smart Devices,  but it would be included in your Visual Studio projects if you install the EMDK properly. See the release notes.

1 of 1 people found this helpful