Image does not fit in the physical label when printing with TLP 2824 Plus on macOS

// Expert user has replied.
N Nicu Lare 3 years ago
2 1 0

I am using a Zebra TLP 2824 Plus printer to print some labels on macOS Sierra(10.12.3).
I am using some physical labels of approximately 60mm x 30mm and I've configured Paper Size accordingly.

The available resolutions reported by the printer are 203 DPI, 300 DPI and 600 DPI.
I want to print an image of resolution 1208 × 637 px.

If I'm using the lowest printer resolution (203 DPI) the image fits inside the physical label, but the quality is very low (the edges are visibly jagged).
If I am using a higher resolution (600 DPI) only the top left corner of the image fits inside the physical label and the edges of the text are still jagged, even if I have selected the option to scale to fit the paper size.

Up: 600 DPI and Scale to fit paper size
Down: 203 DPI

When printing the same picture from a windows computer, the quality is way higher and the image fits correctly inside the physical label.
I am using CUPS, the default printing system on macOS and the printer is connected to an USB port.

The question is I am doing something when configuring or there's some issue with the driver on macOS?

Thank you in advance,
Nicu

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

S Samantha Corn

Hi Nicu,

When you are changing the resolution, are you changing it both in the CUPS driver and on the device?

Also, when you print a test page, does it also have the issue with the jagged edges? Here's how to Print a Test Page if you've never done it.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?