is it possible to keep the SimulScan or any other Scanner configurations like the ProfileManage provides inside the APPLICATION class instead of handling its lifecycle inside each ACTIVITY.
The use case here is, that in our application
- we are able to scan barcodes in almost every activity
- we use the OCR in just one particular activity
- we use the profileManager to scan datamatrix codes
- we use the SimulScanReader to read a structured form using OCR (camera)
Our problem hereby is
- Initializing especially the SimulScanReader has an annoying delay (2 seconds) and blocks our user. We would love to have it initialized upfront for the entire time that the app is running.
- We have to switch between ProfilManager for barcode and SimulScanReader for OCR. Right now that is not stable and we are looking for what is the gold standard here.
any suggestions will be helpful
Thanks in advance!