2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2018 8:04 AM by Scott Gruby

iOS SDK as a zip archive?

Scott Gruby

Is there any chance that the iOS SDK can be distributed as a zip archive? The InstallAnywhere installer doesn't launch on macOS High Sierra (10.13) and in general, I distrust installers that tend to spew stuff all over my system.

I've managed to use an installer extractor under Windows (VMWare Fusion) to get what I needed (couldn't run the installer on Windows because it needed Java which I don't have installed).

Thanks.

• Re: iOS SDK as a zip archive?
          Steven Si

Did you get any error message? If you can attach screenshot of the error message, then we can debug the installation issue. Unfortunately, at this point, there is no plan to release the SDK in ZIP archive format.

• Re: iOS SDK as a zip archive?
              Scott Gruby

The installer starts to launch and then quits. I tried this on my main system and actually created a new virtual machine just with 10.13 (I didn’t want the installer spewing stuff everywhere) and had the same result.

InstallAnywhere is typically not used on the Mac; I realize that the installers are built cross platform (and likely on a PC). It’s unfortunate that you won’t realease the SDK as a zip archive; I guess I’ll continue to have to find a way to extract the contents as I have no idea what your installer is going to put on my system.