MC32 Windows EC7 Internet Explorer warning for invalid security certificate

Hi,

I try to configure a MC32 with Windows Embedded Compact 7.

The users have to start a little web application on a local server with an "invalid" SSL certificate - so you get the warning while starting it first time a day.

Is there a good way to go around it?

I can't change the server and the certificate.

Maybe installing the certificate anyhow or lowering the security level?

I would like a solution that works also after a hard reset.

Christopher Sather
Use the fusion tool on the

Use the fusion tool on the task bar to import the cert locally.  Then once its working, you can export that cert in a fusion profile with the same tool.

The product manuals on the support site have the fusion guides inside them.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Sven Hilscher
I tried to find the manuals

I tried to find the manuals on zebra.com. Only CABs there. Found a little help on the device.

I tried to import "something" in Fusion:

It asked for a "user certificate" - don't know what it is exactly - I think this should be the counterpart to the server cert to login anywhere (ssh as an example)

Saved on my PC the cert from the webserver when I located the browser to the site. It's a .crt file.

Fusion tells it can't import it - it asks for .cer files: "Failed to Import Cert file".

To be clear: I just want to open some html documents on a web server with an "unsecure" ssl certificate and I want to go easy over the security warnings. The device is only used in a closed area.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Michal Keracik
By web application you mean

By web application you mean your custom webapp or some url via internal IE? If IE I think it should be possible to add desired url to safe zone with lower security requirements.

Have you tried Enterprise Browser (with VerifyPeerCertificate set to 0) or Ivanti Industrial Browser?

Or you need to get the certificate and install it automatically to the system.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’