Zebra QLn420 - Printer Not discovered through Network

S Srikanth Thiagarajan 2 years 11 months ago
30 0 0

Hello,I am creating a Xamarin.Forms Cross-Platform mobile application using c# .NET in iOS, and I am trying to integrate the printing functionality through Wi-Fi. Just to give a background - I was able to successfully connect the printer through Bluetooth and the printing works fine. But now, I am trying to implement the same through network/Wi-Fi. I was able to successfully connect the printer to the Wi-Fi and the printer shows the Wi-Fi signal strength and I use this following code to find the printers:

private void StartNetworkDiscovery()
        {
            OnStatusMessage("Discovering Network Printers");
            try
            {
                IDiscoveryEventHandler nwhandler = DiscoveryHandlerFactory.Current.GetInstance();
                nwhandler.OnDiscoveryError += DiscoveryHandler_OnDiscoveryError;
                nwhandler.OnDiscoveryFinished += DiscoveryHandler_OnDiscoveryFinished;
                nwhandler.OnFoundPrinter += DiscoveryHandler_OnFoundPrinter;
                connectionType = ConnectionType.Network;
                System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Starting Network Discovery");
                NetworkDiscoverer.Current.LocalBroadcast(nwhandler);
            }
            catch (Exception e)
            {
                System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Network Exception: " + e.Message);
            }
        }

But for some reason, the network printer is not discovered. On Found printer, I add the printer to a list that's displayed in the mobile device. But currently, it is just not displaying any printer information.

Any help to guide me move forward will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Srikanth

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?