0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2018 10:35 PM by Srikanth Thiagarajan

Zebra QLn420 - Printer Not discovered through Network

Srikanth Thiagarajan

Hello,I am creating a Xamarin.Forms Cross-Platform mobile application using c# .NET in iOS, and I am trying to integrate the printing functionality through Wi-Fi. Just to give a background - I was able to successfully connect the printer through Bluetooth and the printing works fine. But now, I am trying to implement the same through network/Wi-Fi. I was able to successfully connect the printer to the Wi-Fi and the printer shows the Wi-Fi signal strength and I use this following code to find the printers:

private void StartNetworkDiscovery()

{

OnStatusMessage("Discovering Network Printers");

try

{

IDiscoveryEventHandler nwhandler = DiscoveryHandlerFactory.Current.GetInstance();

nwhandler.OnDiscoveryError += DiscoveryHandler_OnDiscoveryError;

nwhandler.OnDiscoveryFinished += DiscoveryHandler_OnDiscoveryFinished;

nwhandler.OnFoundPrinter += DiscoveryHandler_OnFoundPrinter;

connectionType = ConnectionType.Network;

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Starting Network Discovery");

NetworkDiscoverer.Current.LocalBroadcast(nwhandler);

}

catch (Exception e)

{

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Network Exception: " + e.Message);

}

}

But for some reason, the network printer is not discovered. On Found printer, I add the printer to a list that's displayed in the mobile device. But currently, it is just not displaying any printer information.

Any help to guide me move forward will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Srikanth