Help with Non-Continuous printing and ZQ500 series

J John Ferlazzo 3 years ago
219 1 0

Hi,

I am developing an app using Xamarin.iOS and am having issues when connecting and printing non-continuous media (Continuous printing works fine).
I am using black mark media, during calibration it successfully proceeds to the next black mark. When printing data, it does not.

When I first connect to the printer I do the following:

1.) Check and set the printer language to ZPL:
- ! U1 setvar "device.languages" "zpl"

2.) Set the Media Mode to Black Mark, Calibrate and Save (It successfully calibrates and feeds to the next black mark):
^XA
^MNM
^XZ
~JC
^XA
^JUS
^XZ

3.) Test print out (Issue - it feeds out a small amount but does not continue to the next black mark and stop):
^XA
^MNM
^PW583
^FO300,10
^A0N,10,10
^FDTEST PRINT
^FS
^XZ

I am fairly new ZPL so hoping it is a simple solution. Let me know if any more information is required.
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

The ZPL in 3) look OK to me. You may want to use ! U1 getvar "media" to the media settings and make sure that the media.type is set as label, not journal. You can use ! U1 getvar "media.type" to check directly.

In addition, we also need to make sure that the print mode is in "tear off" mode in order for the printer to advance the media to the beginning of the next label after each print. The SGD command is ! U1 setvar "media.printmode" "tear off". Or we can use ZPL ^MMa, b to set the tear off mode.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?