RFID Within Enterprise Browser

Hello,

How can i enable RFID Reading within Enterprise Browser ?

I have a web application and i use Enterprise Browser to access it; within that application I can read Barcodes or RFID tags from all the items; I have noticed that i can only use barcode but not RFID, is there a way i can "turn on" RFID reading inside Enterprise Browser ?

My handheld model is: MC919ZWR

Thanks in Advanced.

Abhineet Agarwal
Dear Alberto,Please refer the

Dear Alberto,

Please refer the Enterprise Browser RFID API guide from the below link:

RFID Module - Zebra Technologies TechDocs

Please note Enterprise Browser RFID API is supported only on the below devices:

1. MC3190Z
  2. MC9190Z

Also note the below stuffs:

1. Installation: The RFID plug-in package for RhoElements 2.2 SP1 is not is not part of the default installation, but is available as a separate download from the Zebra Technologies Support site. RFID plug-in resources: RFID Plug-in for RhoElements 2.2 SP1 - download from Zebra Support Site (includes release notes, installation instructions and a sample app)

2. Config.xml setting: Once the plug-in is installed, modify the <PreloadLegacyActiveX> parameter in the app's Config.xml file as follows:

<PreloadLegacyActiveX value="1"/>

RFID Sample Application can be downloaded from here.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhineet Agarwal

Enterprise Browser Software Lead

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Alberto Vazquez
Thank You Abhineet, I

Thank You Abhineet, I appreciate your reply,

I have a Zebra Model MC919ZWR, i do not see that model on the list that you provided me, does that mean RFID cannot be enabled on that device within Enterprise Browser ?

Also on the release notes, it says that i need to copy the Rho Elements CAB file on a Temp Folder; where do i find this CAB file ? it's not in any of the links that you provided me.

Regards

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Abhineet Agarwal
Dear Alberto,Ignore

Dear Alberto,

Ignore downloading of RhoElements CAB file. Enterprise Browser is already installed where RFID Plug-in I.e. WTG_RFID_PLG.dll need to be placed inside \Program Files\ EnterpriseBrowser\Plugin location in the device.

I cannot guarantee whether EB RFID plug-in will work on MC919ZWR but would suggest to give a try.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhineet

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Alberto Vazquez
Thanks Abhineet,That didn't

Thanks Abhineet,

That didn't work, it's weird since my handheld is RFID capable; is there any other way to get RFID reading within Enterprise Browser? or something Zebra is working on to get this fixed?

Regards

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Abhineet Agarwal
Dear Alberto,Currently we

Dear Alberto,

Currently we only support on the above mentioned devices. I will check with PDM and PO regarding the request and will get back to you on the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhineet

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Alberto Vazquez
Hi Abhineet,Just following up

Hi Abhineet,

Just following up on this issue; has there been any more information on this ?   I am really looking forward for a solution or a work around.

Thank You

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Abhineet Agarwal
Dear Alberto,I am following

Dear Alberto,

I am following up with PDM on the same.

Can you please let us know that on how many devices the deployment need to be done?

Do you have Enterprise Browser license & support contract?

Thanks & Regards,

Abhineet

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Alberto Vazquez
Thank You Abhineet,As for now

Thank You Abhineet,

As for now i will be using it only on 3 devices, but I will be adding more as i get this issues figured out. Yes we have licenses for our Enterprise Browser. I am not sure about the Support Contract.

Regards

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Abhineet Agarwal
Dear Alberto,Thanks for the

Dear Alberto,

Thanks for the information. I will get back to you on this with some more information once I get the complete feedback from the PDM.

However, I will suggest you to raise a support ticket for RFID issue on MC919ZWR device and our team will assist on the same.

I strongly feel that EB RFID API should work on this device as this is MC919Z series.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhineet

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Alberto Vazquez
Thank You Abhineet,I will

Thank You Abhineet,

I will create a support ticket and I will also wait for what the PDM teams informs  you. Keep me on the loop.

Regards

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Abhineet Agarwal
Dear Alberto,I hope you might

Dear Alberto,

I hope you might have already got support for RFID on MC919ZWR device.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhineet

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’