Error applying EB 1.7.1 license

Hi,

When trying to license an install of EB 1.7.1.0 on a TC51 (through the internet option from the EB prompt) it constantly fails, seemingly due to the fact it cannot read the devices UUID (which appears to be stored in /sys/hardware_id/uuid). The error offered is that of permission denied.

I have checked this file via ADB and get a similar result (command output pasted below)

The TC51 is running Android 7.1 MX 7.0, having been upgraded and factory reset from the factory installed Marshmallow install via StageNow.

Is anyone able to advise on what has gone wrong here and how to make the uuid file accessible to the licensing wizard or to be read manually?

$ ./adb shell ls -al /sys/hardware_id

ls: total 0

/sys/hardware_id/uuid: Permission denied

drwxr-xr-x  2 root root    0 2018-01-28 16:34 .

dr-xr-xr-x 18 root root    0 1970-01-12 00:42 ..

-rw-r--r--  1 root root 4096 2018-01-28 16:38 hwid

Abhineet Agarwal
Dear Andrew,TC51 Android N

Dear Andrew,

TC51 Android N will be supported from EB 1.8 Release onwards.

Note:

Thanks & Regards,

Abhineet Agarwal

Enterprise Browser Software Lead

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Andrew Edwards
Hi,Thank you for your quick

Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Just to clarify, are you saying for EB 1.7.1 I will need to install OS image 24.04.01 (Android 6)?

However, when EB 1.8 is available in Feb it will be okay to upgrade the OS to 01.01.49?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Abhineet Agarwal
Dear Andrew,Yes. That's right

Dear Andrew,

Yes. That's right.

In order to use EB 1.7.1.0 on TC51 device, one should install OS image of Marshmallow platform i.e. Android Marshmallow OS Image 21.04.01.

Whenever EB 1.8 is available, if users want to flash the OS image on TC51 device of Nougat platform to use with EB 1.8 then they need to ensure to flash the OS image 01.01.49 or above only.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhineet Agarwal

Enterprise Browser Software Lead

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Andrew Edwards
No problem. Thank you.

No problem. Thank you.

Vote: 
Vote up!