Not printing ^CI29 and printing ^CI28 as question marks

A Andrius Min 2 years 11 months ago
289 1 0

Hello there,

we have a Zebra ZQ520 printer that we want to print in our client's languages - Latvian and Lithuanian.

Even though these printers do not natively support these languages, the support can be enabled using Swiss 721 font which comes preinstalled with European printers. We were able to confirm that the font is indeed installed in the printer as TT0003M_.TTF but trying to print an example as shown here, the printer does not print at all and only flashes the arrow icon on the screen and is unresponsive to any communications until the next restart.

We tracked down the issue to be ^CI29 charset. When changing it to ^CI28, which should work for those Baltic symbols, the printer only prints question marks - picture here.

When I search downloads for this printer, the font is not included in the downloads section, so I am starting to think that this model may not even support symbols that I need at all.

Is there any way we can make Baltic (ąčęėįšųūž) and similar letters work with this printer?

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

After installing the Swiss 721 font, we need to give the font a designation. For example, we can use the following designation statement to designate the Swiss 721 font to letter Z with ^CW command.
^XA^CWZ,E:TT0003M_.TTF^FS^XZ

Then we will need to refer to Z font when specifying Baltic characters, as shown below.
^XA^FO20,20 ^CI28^AZN,65^FDąčęėįšųūž^FS^XZ

Please note, the above statement has to be stored in a file that can encode the Baltic characters, such as Notepadd++. Then we can send that saved file to the printer to print. Hope this helps.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?