Trying to turnoff barcode scanning when my program throws a modal.

L Luke Lee 2 years 11 months ago
35 1 0

Thanks for reading this post.  I have been using Symbol.barcode libary for a while.  Some of the MC67s that i have does turn off barcode scanning when my custom program gives users dialog window.  Our application runs on Windows mobile 6.X platform.

However, some of the same device does not turn off barcode scanning as our dialog is still waiting for user closing the dialog window.  So here I am trying to programmatically turn off the scanner and there seems to be no handle to do so in the Symbol.barcode library.  Please help.

I have also explored the use DataWedgeAPI.  However, Symbol.barcode reader seems to be ignoring the DataWedge's turn off signal and still allows users to scan data.  What to do??

Luke

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

L Luke Lee

I have also looked at c# 3.0 - Disable and then re-enable Symbol Barcode Scanner - Stack Overflow

But it turns off the listener.  Not turn off the laser.  Data Wedge API does that , but symbol.barcode.Reader seems to overrode that.  I have a MC67.  Symbol.barcode2.dll might have more controls?  but I can't seem to get the sample project to read the list of supported devices on my MC67.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?