EMDK for Visual Studio 2013

S Stephen Solomons 3 years ago
3 2 0

Hi

My company purchased a Motorola MC3200 (July 2015) for the purpose of running a very basic C#.NET application (hooked up to an SQL database). I would appreciate some guidelines on how to configure the scanner so that it will run the C#.NET application.

Our development environment consists of:

Visual Studio 2013
MS SQL Server 2012
.NET Framework 4.7.1
Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Motorola MC3200 scanner came pre-installed with:

Windows Embedded Compact 7
.NET Compact Framework 3.5
DateWedge 3.7

What do I need to install or upgrade on the scanner to allow it to run the C#.NET application ?
Which version of EMDK should download for Visual Studio 2013?

Thanks.

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

S Stephen Solomons

Hi Darryn

It would seem that VS2013 is a dead-end for me because it will be impractical to install VS2005 or VS2008 just to develop one application.

My follow-up question is then: What do I need to do to the MC3200 scanner in order to run an Android Studio application on it?

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Hi Stephen, development on Windows Embedded Compact 7 requires the use of Visual Studio 2008 and is not supported on newer versions of Visual Studio unfortunately (this is a limitation from Microsoft).

For C# .NET development on the MC3200 you will need the EMDK for .NET (EMDK for .NET Support & Download | Zebra ).  Please take a look at the release notes for that software as those contain the development PC prerequisites also (https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra_new_ia/en-us/software/developer…%… )

Thanks,
Darryn.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?