EMDK not usable while camera1 API is capturing

B Benjamin Marle 3 years 5 months ago
0 0 0

Hello !

I am having an issue with the EMDK and that occurs whether using DataWedge intent-based implementation or direct calls to the EMDK scanner API. The device I am using is a TC56 on Android 6.0.1 with MX 6.2.0.1 and I am using the 2D hardware imager as a scanner.

What this application does is, upon receiving a valid barcode from the scanner, it initializes the camera1 API and starts capturing from the back camera.  But while capturing, the user must be able to scan a second barcode but that is not possible until the software closes the camera1 API.

Basically my conclusion is that opening the camera1 API messes up the EMDK because it pops up as a potential scanner device for the EMDK.

I published the logs of my prototype based on the sample here (samples-emdkforandroid-6_4/BarcodeSample1 at BarcodeSample1 · Zebra/samples-emdkforandroid-6_4 · GitHub). So it has the same code than this sample to deal with the EMDK. Everything that the sample displays on the UI is in the log and that includes the state changes of the scanner.

Here are the logs : https://pastebin.com/cKjfgpAH

If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Ben

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?