Swift getGraphicsUtil().print() - no printing

Hi,

I am using Swift 4 to write iOS native app and try to print signature on QLn320 mobile printer. The downloaded sample code in SDK works fine, but my code does not print signature at all.

I attached my Xcode Swift project. Could you please help me to solve the printing issue?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Jun Meng
I tried false for

I tried false for andIsInsideFormat parameter. The signature still cannot be printed...

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
The correct value for

The correct value for andIsInsideFormat is false in this case. I was able to see a blackbox got printed on the label, which means the API works. We may need to look into the code of signature capture part to see why we got a blackbox instead of the signature.

Update on 4/9/2018:

Today, I looked a little further into the code and made a few changes in getSignature() function in YPDrawSignatureView.swift. Now, the getSignature() is as below, by commenting out the part of stroke part (without redraw) , specifying the opaque with the current view's opaque value and using 0.0 for scaling parameter.

// Save the Signature as an UIImage

public func getSignature(scale:CGFloat = 1) -> UIImage? {

if !doesContainSignature { return nil }

UIGraphicsBeginImageContextWithOptions(self.bounds.size, self.isOpaque, 0.0)

self.drawHierarchy(in: self.bounds, afterScreenUpdates: false)

//        self.strokeColor.setStroke()

//        self.path.stroke()

let signature = UIGraphicsGetImageFromCurrentImageContext()!

UIGraphicsEndImageContext()

return signature

}

Then, in printTransfer() function, we directly call getSignature(), i.e. bypassing getCroppedSignature() to simplify the debug.

// Print transfer with signature on mobile printer

@IBAction func printTransfer(_ sender: UIButton) {

let printer = ZebraPrinterUtil()

if printer.serialNumber.isEmpty {

let alert = UIAlertController(title: "Message", message: "No printer is available", preferredStyle: .alert)

alert.addAction(UIAlertAction(title: NSLocalizedString("OK", comment: "Default action"), style: .default, handler: nil))

self.present(alert, animated: true, completion: nil)

return

}

// Display warning message

let alert = UIAlertController(title: "Print Transfer", message: printer.warningMessageBeforePrintContinuous, preferredStyle: .actionSheet)

let OKAction = UIAlertAction(title: "Ok", style: .default) { (_) in

//            printer.printNewEvidenceTransfer(agencyName: self.agencyTextField.text!, contactPhone: self.phoneTextField.text!, personName: self.agencyNameTextField.text!, signatureImage: self.signatureView.getCroppedSignature())

printer.printNewEvidenceTransfer(agencyName: self.agencyTextField.text!, contactPhone: self.phoneTextField.text!, personName: self.agencyNameTextField.text!, signatureImage: self.signatureView.getSignature())

}

let cancelAction = UIAlertAction(title: "Cancel", style: .default)

alert.addAction(OKAction)

alert.addAction(cancelAction)

present(alert, animated: true)

}

With these changes, we can successfully print out the signature as show in the screenshot below. Hope this helps.

IMG_0305.jpg

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jun Meng
I copied your exact code into

I copied your exact code into the same project on my MacBook. When I ran the app on iPhone and tried to print signature, I only saw black box in the signature area.

Then I changed the stroke color to yellow. Now I can see the printed signature with black background:

image1.jpeg

Did I miss anything in code?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jun Meng
Attached is the project that

Attached is the project that prints signature with black background.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Attached is the full version

Attached is the full version of the Xcode project that prints the signature normally. It was a modified version based on the Xcode project you posted at the beginning of this thread.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jun Meng
I see what's wrong on my side

I see what's wrong on my side: the background color was not set in storyboard. With your code change, I can print signature now.

Thanks a lot!

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Please use false for

Please use false for andIsInsideFormat: parameter, as we want to print out the signature as image independently.

try printer?.getGraphicsUtil().print (signatureImage!.cgImage!, atX: 0, atY: 0, withWidth: -1, withHeight: -1, andIsInsideFormat: false)

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’