2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2018 6:54 AM by Robin West

Store and Recall GS1 label with variables

Dan Dobre

Hi,

I made the layout for a GS1 label. The label contains different application identifiers (10-Batch or Lot Numbers, 15-Best BeforeDate) with non-static content.

Then I exported the label to my Zebra ZT420 203dpi. The idea is to use the SDK for parameter binding (which is working fine for EAN-13).

It seems the variable definition are not exported for GS1. The label contains the static information from Zebra Designer. It is possible that the printer is not supporting this feature ? Or is a limitation in ZPL ?

Can you help me please ?

Thank you

Dan

• Re: Store and Recall GS1 label with variables
          Robin West

Hi Dan,

ZPL does support GS1, but I'm checking if Zebra Designer does. Are you using DataMatrix or QR code?

Can you export the label to a file? Set up the driver to point to a file rather than the printer port in "Printer Properties" -> Ports.  Then you can see what the designer is exporting. If you post it or the .lbl file we can take a look.

Robin

• Re: Store and Recall GS1 label with variables
            Robin West

Hi Dan,

ZPL does not support concatenating variable data into single bar codes.  The GS1 wizard in ZDesigner does the concatenation in the software, which is why it's static output.  You will have to set up a standard DataMatrix or QR code in your label format with variable data.  Then you will concatenate the GS1 data in your software.