Printer ZT230 and PLC Controllogix V16

Hello everyone, recently in my work they bought a ZT230 printer, but I need to connect this printer with a PLC Control Logix V16 through Ethernet; I was looking for the AOP for this printer on the website, but I only found the AOP for version 20.

The question is, this printer supports the connection with version 16 via ethernet with Link-OS; and if so, what can I find in AOP for this printer?

Thanks to all and good day.

The EtherNet/IP AOP was tested back to V24 and should work with 21.1+.

For older versions, customers have been creating a generic EtherNet/IP module and then leverage the EDS file to define the interface.

To leverage the EtherNet/IP connectivity on a ZT230 it also needs the Network Connect firmware purchased and loaded on the device.

The EDS file can be pulled from the printer or aquired from the below site

Network Connect Printer Software | Zebra

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Thanks for the information......but there will be examples for this version?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

None is planned

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

The EDS file is nowhere to be found on the page you mention. The AOP is there, the EDS is not and so far that I have found, is only available as an upload from the printer. Unfortunately, the printer will not show up in RSLinx even after the firmware has been loaded.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

i'm working on a project to configure a ZT510 printer with a Compactlogix L30ER but i need the EDS file to configure the interface, where can i get this file?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’